Chapter 2

+Pain; highly unpleasant physical sensation caused by illness or injury; mentally suffering or distress+

Sasuke's P.O.V

What the heck is happening?

What is he hiding?

Why won't he tell me I'm suppose to be his best friend...right?

What didn't Tsunade tell me?

"What's going on Naruto?" I tried to calm down but it didn't work. This idiot is dragging me down with him.  I was still irritated because they lied to me about what happened or what is happening to Naruto.

Naruto didn't want to look at me. He was still holding his chest.

                           Is he hurting?

He sighed and spoke in a low voice and maybe a little bit shaky it was something I never heard from him before, but what should I know I left this village no- I left him for years .

"W-what exactly did Baa-Chan tell you?" I raised an eyebrow at him. Didn't he tell Tsunade to lie so he could stay here?

"She told me your house burned down and you've got nowhere to stay. She told me you would leave once it got fixed again and that it was only for a little while." Naruto brought his legs up to his chest and buried his face in them.

                      Why is he acting like this?

It's unusual to see him so down he usually smiles and shouts. It's actually nice like this without him shouting like crazy. I relaxed against the sofa. maybe if i stay calm he will tell me. At this rate, he won't say anything.

                             Dobe.

I took a deep breath. "So, are you going to answer me or not? You're wasting my time."
"Well, it's not like you've got anything important to do anyway." He muttered under his breath, but I could still hear it. And damn has he got the guts to say that to me in his position. I would have hit him, had I less self-restraint. He still refused to look at me.

          This is getting annoying.

"If you don't tell me why you're here, and why you lied- then I'll throw you out." I threatened.
He stiffened a bit. Looks like I hit a nerve.

"Hn."

I smirked, knowing what he had no choice but to tell me what was going on. Why would he want to stay here anyway? I'm sure that he'd much rather stay with Iruka, or Sakura.

"You have to promise.....that you won't tell anyone..."

"Hn. Who am I supposed to tell it to anyway? Spit it out already." He raised his head but didn't look at me. He just stared out into the air after a really uncomfortable silence he finally spoke "I have cancer." Is that why he wanted to-wait What! I choked on my own saliva, Cancer?!

What the fuck?
When did he get that?

Is he joking with me. I looked at him and he looked back meeting my gaze. I could tell he was serious. God....why do you do-tch.

Naruto's P.O.V

He seemed like he'd seen a ghost or in my situation a demon. I looked down at the floor again. I can't believe Baa-chan told him that anyway! I clenched my fist. How could she lie about something so serious? I coughed. It seemed to have caught Sasuke's attention. I covered my mouth with my hands.