Chapter 1

Cancer Free
A SasuNaru Fic

+Beautiful; pleasing the senses or mind aesthetically. +

Naruto's POV

What a beautiful morning!

I smiled to myself while walking down the streets of Konoha. The sun was shining and the sky was beautiful and clear. Not a single cloud could be seen. Everyone seemed to be in a happy mood. The kids were running were running around, playing with each other. I was on my way to the local store to buy ramen; I only have a couple of cups left at home. If I go now, I won't have to worry about eating them all up leaving nothing left. It's not really expensive so I can buy them for a cheap price. Maybe they're on sale today...

While I was lost in thought I suddenly hit something hard, not hard enough to be a lamp post.My forehead hurt. I looked up to see who it was, then smiled at the person. Even he seemed happy today, but not now. He seemed rather annoyed. Not hard to tell since he was frowning and his hand was placed on his hip. I continued smiling.

"Hi Sasuke! Where are you going?" He only pushed me out of the way. Wow, that's cold.
"Watch where you're going usuratonkachi."

I caught up to him and stood in front of him, making the man stop. The Uchiha rolled his eyes and glared at me.

"What?" Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? I glared at him, crossing my hands over my chest and looking in Sasuke's eyes.
"I asked you a question. It's polite to answer, you know." He sighed.
"It's none of your business." He tried to get me to move. No way will he get out of this that easily.

"Why are you so cold? Come on, it's not like you're going to some sort of... secret hideout."
"I'm only passing by, since I needed some fresh air. Anything else you wanna know?" He asked sarcastically. Why couldn't he just be nicer? Guess he's a lost cause.
"Well, since you are asking," I started. "why are your eyebrows so crooked?"
"Because you annoy me."

He continued walking. He's probably going on a long walk and happens to find himself here. He's already got enough air in his head as it his. What's next, he's gonna become Hokage because he says so? I pouted.

"Well then, see y-ugh!"

I felt something in my lungs, making it harder for myself to breathe. I coughed several times. Kami, what is this? My coughs started to decrease until I felt nothing in my chest. I straightened up and looked at Sasuke who was staring at me, confused. I bought my hand up to the back of my neck and sheepishly grinned.

"Hehe." I laughed it off. "It's nothing bad, probably just a sore throat." He turned around, grunting, and continued walking. That was uncomfortable.

I shrugged it off and went down to the store that was only a little bit further down the road. Lucky me; it was a ramen sale! I grinned and ran into the shop and bought 20 cups of the delicious food. I licked my lips hungrily and paid for my meals. This is gonna taste so good!

I was on my way home when I saw Sakura walking out of her house. She was running swiftly, giving me the impression that she was in a hurry. I decided not to bother her and continued walking. I hummed a song that I had only come up with a few seconds ago.

Ramen, Ramen, oh delicious ramen! Maybe I should become a songwriter and deliver the wonders of ramen to everyone!

I finally got home. I opened the door and threw the ramen cups onto the kitchen bench and sat down. My lungs started to cry in pain once again. What is happening today? Am I out of shape or something? After the pain eased itself, I put the ramen cups into the closet. Maybe I should eat one? I'm not really that hungry though. I sat down on the chair once again. My window was open, letting the cold air hit my face. It was actually kind of nice. I sat still, staring at the window. I got quite a view from where I lived.