Part 1

Rain poured down so hard, Steve Rogers couldn't even hear his own breathing. And he was breathing loudly. He swung his shield at the attackers and kicked one hard in the chest. It was just another mission. He'd been fighting for maybe half an hour but they the enemy were beginning to pile up. He tried contacting Tony to send backup but he wasn't getting through.
"Oh crap," Steve muttered. His heart was beating fast, like a loose bird in a cage, beating and beating. Even he, Captain America, Steve Rogers was beginning to get nervous about this mission. Doubts began to fog up his brain but he dismissed them angrily. He would not be defeated on a simple mission like this.
He was stood, fighting, on a rooftop in Central NYC. As well as the hard rain that was pelting down, soaking him through, a storm was uprising, the bitter winds chilling Steve through his skin. He shivered but battled on. An attacker caught his cheek and flung a blade past his face. Steve stumbled back, temporarily blinded by pain and gasped as he wiped his cheek. Sticky red liquid stained his hands. Anger coursed through his veins, but another blow knocked him down. Something stamped on his chest and he crunched up, hearing his ribs crack one by one. He tensed, awaiting another hit, but unscrewed his eyes as one didn't come. He glanced around.
Someone, a figure in black was clutching what looked like a bow and was staring at the attackers. Suddenly, a lorry rammed in front of them and they were all crushed. Steve closed his eyes again. He was clearly so delirious from the pain that he was imagining things. Not good. Then, the figure leapt towards him and bent over him curiously. He didn't see her face.
But he did see two piercing green eyes glazed at him.
And that was the last thing he saw before he blacked out.

The figure, checked Steve's pulse, and then scooped the large man into her arms. The rain was a cacophony in her ears, a constant noise, but she wiped her strays of raven hair out of her face, strapped her bow back to her back and carried Steve through the rain. She climbed down the tall building and arrived outside the huge tower. It was the Avengers Tower.
Heart beating cautiously, the girl stared at the doorbell, heard it ring and left the unconscious Steve on the ground. Then she dashed and waited, concealed behind a trash can, to check he was taken in. The door opened and a man she recognised as Tony Stark saw Steve and gasped. Then he glanced around and she ducked. He saw nothing and picked Steve up, taking him inside to safety. The girl then scurried off home, clutching her bow, the only defense she had.

Tony took Steve through and, with the help of Nat, he cleaned him up.
"Wait, he was just at the doorstep? Who put him there?" Nat questioned, grabbing a cloth and gently wiping the blood off Steve's cheek. Tony shrugged.
"We'll know soon enough. We'll see if Steve remembers anything and, we can check the security footage." he stated. Nat nodded and continued to clean him up. It hurt her, seeing Steve like this. God knows what would have happened if he hadn't been taken to them. He might have died.
Nat moaned quietly and tried to stop thinking about it.
" You okay? " Tony checked. She bit her lip and nodded.
"I need to know who helped him. Who brought him here," She insisted. Tony sighed.
"Fine. I'll check the damn cameras," he sighed. He wheeled over to his computer and began clicking. Nat waited impatiently, tapping her heel against the floor, forming a testy rhythm. Tony beckoned her over and brought up the footage on the screen. He re winded it to the right time and gazed, mouth open as he saw the girl with the bow, carrying Steve and waiting by the trash can.
"Who the hell is that?" Nat asked under her breath. Tony exhaled slowly.
"She looked about 16," he breathed. "Her strength - that's inhuman. I can't even pick Steve up. I mean, that man's got the bod but he weighs more that Bruce."
Nat chuckled. She zoomed in on the girl.
"Wait, what's that strapped to her back? A bow? That can't be that subtle to haul around NYC," She muttered. Then, she leaned forward and studied the footage again.
"Wait, hold on, she doesn't actually touch the door. Tony look at this, we all heard the doorbell right? But if you look closely, you can see she didn't press it? That means... What does that mean?"
Tony looked thoughtful. He was silent for a while. Then he spoke.
"We need to look for this girl. I think she has powers. She could either be very useful..."
Nat looked worried.
"Of very dangerous"
××××××××××××××××××