Part 11 *LAST CHAPTER*

A few hours later

Peter crawled across the roof nimbly, his hands and feet silent across the slate. Raine, on the other hand, frankly wasn't used to crawling on roofs and was sliding all over the place.
They'd tracked Nat's phone and were at a large abandoned warehouse. There was a skylight, and Peter crawled up to it, gazing down.
There, sat Steve, Tony and Nat, all tied to chairs. Heistrothe was pacing around them. His voice was too distant for them to hear what he was saying but they could feel the hatred in his voice.
Peter crept forward, but his foot slipped and he fell right through the skylight, crashing down onto the ground. Tony face palmed. Nat bit her lip.
"ah, we have someone here to join us," Heistrothe purred. He slammed his foot down on Peter's back to thwart his movement. Peter squeaked and tried to move.
Looking down on them, Raine gripped  her bow tightly and tried to figure out the best plan.
Silently, and praying he wouldn't spot her, she slid her bow into her fingers, gripping the drawstring. She slid an arrow into place and aimed at Heistrothe.
This was different.
He was a  moving target.
In her head, Raine was having an argument with herself. She refused to use her Telekinesis. Without it, what was she? Useless, that's what she was. Truthfully, she wanted nothing to do with her powers. What happened with the Avengers made her detest her powers and what had happened to her. She was disgusting.
She focused with every muscle in her body and desperately wished Heistrothe would stop pacing. At last, he did and she took her chance.
Heart beating, she aimed once more, and pulled the string back.
The arrow soared through the skylight and pierced him, right in the chest. He gasped and stumbled back, while Raine lightly hopped onto the ground beside Peter.
She heaved him up quickly and turned on Heistrothe. He ripped the arrow from his chest and threw it on the floor, storming towards her. Raine stepped back and shot another arrow at him, hitting his neck.
He howled.
But he kept thundering towards her.
Raine had no choice.
She steadied her arm at him and forced him back with her mind. He was pinned against the wall and he thrived under her grip.
"I didn't think you had it in you," he spat. "Test Subject 189,"
Raine's breath stopped and she felt her body begin to shake.
"Wh-what did you say?" she stammered faintly. She felt her grip on him loosen. Her power was slipping.
"Oh darling, did you not know? I placed you in the facility. I turned you into an assassin" he spat again.
Raine felt sick.
She felt dizzy.
"YOU BASTARD!" She screamed. And with her last, ounce of strength, she pulled a knife out of her belt and thrust it into Heistrothe's heart.
He gasped and his whole body slumped towards the floor.
Raine stumbled back, her head clouding over. Peter ran over to her and caught her in his arms right before she fainted.

Raine moaned softly, but her eyes remained closed.
"You don't understand" she heard Peter insist. "She was blackmailed. She was told she had to be an assassin otherwise they would kill her family. She was used as a Guinea pig test subject, that's where her tattoo is from. That's how she got her powers - an experiment gone wrong. They tried to kill her and now, because of us, she tried to kill herself  "
Raine's eyes shot open and she saw she was laid on a bed with Nat, Steve, Tony and Peter sat around her. She immediately pulled her hoodie down and shrunk in self consciously.
" Is this true? " Tony asked.
Raine just nodded.
" In that case, " he breathed. "Welcome to the Avenger Tower."
××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A week later

Tony made Raine a suit. She was over the moon with it, giving him that rare smile that made him grin back.
She was now an Avenger.
She'd found peace at last.
Well maybe not peace.
But she'd found happiness.
Something she'd never thought she'd find.
She now knew the true meaning of bliss, as she sat, knees to her chest, hand in hand with Peter, on the roof of Stark Tower, watching the sun set on the New York City skyline.
She now saved lives, instead of taking them.
She really was the Hero from Hell.
The End

A/N Bloody hell. I'm getting emotional. You're all in trouble. So this is the end of my first proper fanfic! What did you guys think? Any ideas for something for me to do next? I really hoped you guys enjoyed this fanfic, half as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thank you all so much for reading.
I love you all xx
~Rose