Part 10

*trigger warning self harm sadness all that *

His plan came true quicker than anyone expected.

Peter stared dismally out of the window, as the rain slid slowly down the pane. Nat was ignoring Tony and Steve was trying to make everything okay. It felt weird without Raine. Or whatever her name was. Even though she'd only been there mere days, her presence had begun to wear on Peter and now without it, he felt cold.
He sighed and gazed at all the buildings. He wished he could go visit her but Tony would kill him. Or take away his suit. He didn't know which was worse.
"Hey," Steve spoke quietly. Peter tilted his head and saw the large man approach him.
"Look Kid, I know you miss her but it's for the best. I promise..."
"But its not," Peter insisted, exhausted. "She's - she's different. I don't believe she was an assassin. There MUST be some stuff we don't know about. She didn't look like she exactly had a happy childhood. And...and what about her tattoo?! Test Subject 189?! Mr Rogers, we need to talk to her."
"I don't know, kid. We can't do anything. Tony's made his decision, the stubborn asshole. You shouldn't have met Raine."
Suddenly, there was a crash and Tony burst in, bloodied and stumbling.
"Heistroth. He - he's here." he panted. Steve bolted out the door.
"Pete, get out" Tony yelled. Peter didn't hesitate. He turned and jumped through the window, webbing himself across to safety.
"I'll get help!" He called to Tony. He crashed onto the street panting. Who should he call? God knows where Bucky was. Nat was in the building too. Who could help?
Raine
Shit, Peter thought. He swung his way back to her apartment. He'd memorised the route on his lonely nights.
He arrive outside her door and hammered upon it.
"Raine! Raine  please let me in! I need your help!"
There no reply.
"Shit Raine are you okay?" he panicked. Checking there was no one about, Peter slid a paperclip from his pocket inside the door.
In just a few seconds it clicked unlocked and he burst in.
The apartment surprised him.
It was bare. Only a few belongings scattered around.
" Raine!" Peter called. He checked the main room and the kitchen but there was no sign of her. He stopped outside the bathroom and bust the door open.
He gasped.
There lying, beside the tub was the poor girl, arm drenched in blood. The tattoo, her tattoo had scars over it.
"Oh my fucking god Raine," Peter moaned. He rushed to her. She was still breathing. But she was knocked out cold.
He lifted her up and took her to her bed. He cleaned her wounds and watched until she woke up.

"Wha- Peter what the hell are you doing here?" she hissed  her voice raspy and broken.
"The Tony Nat and Steve have been kidnapped by Heistrothe. I know we turned you away I know we were fucking assholes but please, for me, you have to help me." Peter pleaded.
Raine nodded.
"I will" she promised. He took her hand and held it and a wave of electricity shot through them.
"They'll have taken them. I know it. Well need a plan." Peter said, anxiously. Raine nodded again.
She leant back and they sat in silence for a while.
"Raine, I need to know-"
"He was right."
Raine's voice was low and etched with sadness.
"I was an assassin. But he doesn't know the full story."
Peter listened and told him everything. About being Test Subject 189 and her powers. And how she was blackmailed and threatened to kill for a living. Peter listened and felt his heart break for the girl.
" Why didn't you tell us?" he said quietly.
" You never asked." She sniffed. She pulled her hood down and bit the sleeve of her hoodie. Peter felt a tear slide down his cheek and he drew her into him and held her close.
"Raine. Please. For me. Never try to kill yourself."
"I uh-"
"Raine please."
...
"Okay."
"Thank you."

It was an unwritten vow.