Part 9

"Send Nat to me immediately," Tony called to his robot. "And Steve and Peter,"
Something was up.
He'd found 'Raine Hunter', or should he say 'Maria Salle.'
He couldn't believe it.
This girl, this broken, sad, neglected girl, was...
He couldn't even think it.
He had no idea what else to do.
He'd made his decision.
Mere minutes later, the three Avengers entered Tony's room and sat nervously and curiously around him.
"I found her. I found out all about her background. No shit she didn't want to tell us," his voice was bitter. Nat's forehead creased.
"She has to leave. She has to leave the tower. We can't keep her here anymore," he said.
"Wait, what?" Peter burst out. He was confused and hurt. Raine couldn't leave.
"Raine Hunter does not exist. She was an assassin. Her real name is Maria Raine Salle." Tony explained.
Nat couldn't believe it.
"What? She can't be! She's a kid!"
"She can't leave the tower?"
"Tony is this true?"
"She HAS to leave, don't you see? She's an assassin! And a fucking good one! She's a danger to us here. She has to go" Tony said adamantly, arms crossed.
Peter felt sick.
"Mr Stark? I'm sure she can explain- please don't send her away."
"Pete, I know you like her but this is for your own safety. Can't you see what might happen if we leave her here? She's a danger. She could easily kill you Pete and I'm not having that." Tony declared.
"Tony," Nat said "can she at least try to explain herself? She doesn't have to go immed-"
"Yes she does! I have the proof here. She was a hired assassin. She killed for a living and now she's staying in our tower. JARVIS, tell her to pack her bags" Tony ordered.
"On it, Sir,"
"Wait Mr Stark, we need to talk to her! I need to see her!"
"Peter, it's for your own safety. If you want to keep your suit, I forbid from seeing Raine, okay? You are to have no contact,"
"Tony-"
"Nat, trust me. It's for the best,"
Tony folded his arms decisively. Steve looked away.
"Tony I can't believe you're doing this. She was an assassin but maybe she's changed now! We don't know the whole story. I can't be here with you like this," Nat shouted. "Pete, you coming?"
Peter nodded, hurt and followed her.
"Steve?"she asked, looking at him pleadingly. He shook his head silently and she turned with Peter and stormed out.

Raine wasn't angry. She wasn't cross. She'd had too much of the world to feel any anger. She just felt sad. She knew it was only a matter of time until one of them discovered her past. Though not one of them asked her the full story. If they'd asked her, she would have told them the truth about the blackmailing and the poison. But they didn't ask. They all believed she was a demon.
From Hell.
She picked up her stuff. She grabbed her bow. She left her borrowed clothes in a pile on her bed with a thank you note for Nat. She also wrote a note for Peter.

Hey Peter,
I guess you probably heard I'm leaving. I just wanted to say thank you for training me. And being so nice. I've never had a friend before so I guess it's a new experience what I had with you.
Take care.
M. R. S

Then she left. Left the tower, returned to her apartment, sadly.
She walked dismally through the rain.
Another day on the streets.
At least she was home.

Far far away on another planet

Heistroth paced his Palace.
The Avengers.
Oh how he detested them!
They were rising and destroying his plans.
How disgusting - being a hero.
Pressured to save the world. He would NEVER turn to the good side. He would do all in his power to stop the stupid Avengers.
He was already forming a plan. He needed a way to corner the Avengers and kill them all.
Hmmmmmm.
He'd have to think on it.
Heistroth 's POV
One of my spies had reported back that the escaped Test Subject assassin was back. She thought she could hide from us. What a stupid bitch.
Anyways, I sent Jeistelle down to tell her we found her. Nasty little shit faking her own death. Even I fucking believed her. I must be losing my touch.
Even more reason to take down the Avengers. Sooner rather than later.

Author's Note
Sorry this was a bit of a short chapter. I hope u dudes enjoy reading. Feedback is always appreciated 😊