Part 3

Nat and Peter stumbled through the loud city streets. Though early morning, there were still quite a few people about.
"So where do we start looking?" Peter asked, before accidently slamming into a lamppost and banging his head. He groaned quietly and Nat sighed.
"We'll do the shops on Fifth. Not things like target and Walmart obviously but the smaller, discreet shops. They might remember her." she declared. Peter nodded and rubbed his forehead.
They pulled into a dark alley, and walked past several stinking dustbins.
" Ugh. So, Nat, why are you so determined to find this girl? I mean I know why we have to get her - because she's potentially dangerous and powerful and basically Tony wants an excuse to make another suit, but why are YOU so eager to track her down? We could have sent anyone on this mission but you insisted on going. Why? " Peter inquired. Nat fell silent for a moment.
" We'll, if y-you d-don't mind me a-asking... " Peter stammered. Nat waved her hand dismissively.
" Its fine, Spiderboy . I just saw what this buggers did to Steve and if the girl hadn't brought him to us, he could have and probably would have died. They'd have gone back for him. It doesn't look like it now, Bruce did well, but Steve was in a lot of pain. And I mean a lot. He was in really bad shape. Steve's my best friend and I cannot afford to lose him, and whoever tries to prevent that from happening, I instantly owe them a lot. "Nat explained. Peter blinked and nodded in understanding.
" So you want to thank her? "He clarified. Nat grinned.
" Yup. I might even hug her, " she whispered. Peter stepped back.
" Jesus! " He cried" so to get a hug from Aunty Nat all I need to do is save Captain America, "
Nat nodded. They pulled up outside a subtle antique shop.
" Wait, but last week I gave him half my KitKat, "Peter insisted," Do I get a hug for that? "
" Not unless he was dissolving from starvation, "Nat grimaced and she pushed the shop door open, hearing the tiny tinkly bell ring, alerting the old woman shopkeeper of their presence. The silver haired woman glanced up from her sudoku and looked at them from her metal spectacles.
Then, noting they were just looking around, she returned to her blissful world of sudoku.
"Look around, okay? I'll speak to her," Nat instructed. Peter gave a thumbs up and began staring into one of the glass cases, while Nat strolled purposefully up to the desk. Peter squinted and realised the thing he was staring at was some kind of fashionable accessory. He raised his eyebrows. Well it could be a bag, he thought, or a purse. He looked around the side. Oh it could be a hat actually...
"Good morning, Miss," Nat exclaimed at the shopkeeper who glared suspiciously.
"Good morning," She stammered, voice like thick treacle.
"I was wondering if you'd seen my friend recently," Nat said, sliding a printout from the footage across the counter. The shopkeeper studied the girl but shook her head.
"Are you sure? Black hair, petite, carries a bow," Nat listed but the shopkeeper shook her head.
"I don't let that sort into my shop," She said. Nat grabbed the photo back and smiled.
"No worries. Thanks for your help," She called, grabbing Peter and striding out the door.
"I'm assuming no luck with that," Peter stated. Nat nodded grimly.
"Ah well, it's only our first shop," She added, determined.
They continued to search around off corner shops and places. That involved a miscommunication with a cafe owner that Peter was an internationally known pastry chef and Nat getting in a fight with a teenage boy who admired her ass. Peter pulled her out of the shop and threw her onto the street. She was still struggling and he had to use all his strength to hold her before she stormed back in to give that boy another kick.
"I could have had him," she insisted indignantly. "I easily could have killed that bastard!"
"I know, Nat, I know," Peter comforted. He spotted a dark, quiet library concealed behind an alley.
"Hey Nat, look there, they'll know something," he exclaimed. She saw where he was pointing and followed. They walked in and were immediately welcomed by the smell of old musty books and something else Peter couldn't identify but Nat could.
"Weed," She muttered as she walked over to the librarian. Peter hung back and stood a few metres away from a large muscled man in a leather jacket. He had a peculiar tattoo of a face etched into the back of his bald head. Nat showed the librarian the photo of the girl.
"I'm sorry miss but I've never seen that girl before." the librarian apologised. Peter saw the bald man pause slightly but continue scanning the bookshelf.
Nat finished talking and turned around to Peter.
"Nat, that man knows something," he whispered, pointing to the bald man. Nat nodded.
"I'll talk to him. You distract the librarian." she instructed. She then waltzed up to the tattood guy.
"Hey, Sir I was just wondering if you knew anything about my friend." she suggested lightly. He turned on her, a face like thunder.
"Why would I know anything? I've never seen that girl before in my life," he lied. Nat smiled sweetly.
"I know you know something. Tell me about this girl," she demanded. The man laughed bitterly. Nat sighed.
"I'm gonna have to do this the head way," she sighed. She glanced around and saw Peter had taken the librarian out back. Good boy.
In a split second, Nat twisted the guy's huge muscled arm behind his broad back, and kneed him in the crotch. She stamped on his toe and he buckled.
"H-HEY!" He yelled, swinging a fist at Nat's head but she caught it and hit his face with it. He slumped to the floor.
"Now tell me what you know," Nat demanded icily. The man gasped.
"She comes for refills... Every Friday. She-she will be there tonight." he stuttered.
"Good," Nat smiled. She released him and he gave her his address.
"We'll be there tonight then," She promised.