Part 6

The next morning, Raine awoke early. She never needed much sleep. She could go on three hours if she needed to. She was a night owl.
××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Tony texted Peter.
Tony : hey kid, you free this weekend? I got some jobs for you
Peter : I'm always free Mr Stark. What, you suddenly assume I have a social life?
Tony : whatever, you web weirdo. If you're alright with it, which I'm sure you are because you're alright with everything, could you please train Raine? I'll tell you what you need to do and all that.
Peter : oh my god, Mr Stark! I would be HONOURED. Wait, do you mean me because she can practice flipping me onto the crash mat??
Tony : That wasn't the main intention, however that is a bonus.
Peter : oh. Great. Whatever. We spiders can only suck it up and do our best.
Tony : ew. Right. So just build up her Telekinesis. Begin with small items to move and build up to larger things. Aka you. I've told the others to piss off so the gym will be free for you. And be careful with her, yeah? Don't scare her off. I'm gonna be looking into her background today. What do you think of her by the way?
Peter : oh. I think she's cool. I just think the best thing we can do for her right now is help her. She seems... Broken.
Tony : very wise. You're turning into me. Just don't provoke her. Good luck today, kid.
Peter : thanks Mr Stark. I'll try not to 'bug' her... Gettit?!
Tony : bye Pete I'm blocking you-
Peter : Goodfly Mr Stark!
××××××××××××××××××××××

Peter told Raine to meet him in the gym around 7. She agreed.
She didn't know what to wear. Luckily Nat came to her rescue and knocked gently at her door at quarter to 7.
"Hey, I brought you some clothes," She said softly. Raine nodded in thanks and Nat entered the room, placing a pile of clothes on the bed. She then sat next to them.
"I hear you're training today," She smiled. Raine nodded quickly.
"With Peter," She said.
"Hey, how you feeling?" Nat asked.
"Fine. I'm good. Thank you for asking. I better get changed now. Thanks for the clothes." Raine answered quickly. Nat smiled, and got up to leave.
"You know, you can always talk to me, if you need to," She said at the door.
Raine nodded, then, before she closed the door she called.
"Thanks. Thank you Nat,"
Nat grinned and disappeared to Steve.

Raine changed into a pair of dark grey sweatpants, her converse and a tight,dark green long sleeve top over a black sportsbra.
Then, she decided to take her bow with her and walked down to the gym where Peter was stood next to a crash mat.
"Hey, good morning, sorry its early," he said sheepishly. Raine waved a hand.
"Its fine. I was awake anyway," She said.
She placed her bow down and carefully removed her shoes. Peter glanced away respectfully, but not before he'd caught sight of her feet rubbed raw. And scarred.
Who was this girl?
"Uh, so, to warm up, I want you to run three laps, around the hall," he said. Raine sighed. But she began running. She detested running.
To her surprise, she felt feet behind her and she turned and saw Peter had joined her.
"What? You didn't think I was gonna make you run alone, did you?" he laughed. And she smiled. That made Peter glow.
They finished their laps and came back to the center.
"So, I just want you to work on some small things first." Peter said.
He laid out a book.
Next to it a full water bottle.
Then a stack of CDs.
Then a weight.
Then a heavier weight.
Then he pulled out... A bloody huge pot plant.
Then he stood next to them.
Raine laughed suddenly, loudly, surprising herself. She surprised Peter too and he joined in.
"Sorry, I'm not really sure why I'm laughing" she giggled. Then she focused. With her hand raised ahead if her, she moved the book and made it fly around the room. She made it nudge gently into Peter.
"Ow," he grumbled. But he still smiled. Then she tried the water bottle.
Then she moved onto the CDs.
The weights were a bit harder. But they were all right. Raine concentrated and jerked them up towards the large ceiling. Peter clapped and kept the feedback up. He was a great motivator. Raine was even able to shift the pot plant, though she kept having to stop because she was laughing too much.
Then she moved onto Peter. She was suddenly nervous.
Raine positioned him right next to the crash mat.
"I don't wanna hurt you," She insisted anxiously. Pete laughed.
"You won't. I promise,"
Raine stood back and focused. She stared into Peter's eyes and he gazed back. Then, she flung him back and he landed on the crash mat.
"WHOOOO!" He whooped congratulating, and Raine could hear him clapping. That made her grin.
What was happening to her? She hadn't smiled in months.
He jumped back up and made her try again.
She was a pro, an hour later.
"Right, now try and move me, about, like you did with the other objects," he instructed. Raine gulped. God she was getting too friendly. She didn't need friends. She just needed herself.
She kept her hand out and concentrated again. Her hand began to shake, as Peter flew into the air. Raine moved him and he moved about. He grinned.
"Your'e doing great. Keep going," he instructed.
Raine could feel herself slipping slightly.
She suddenly gasped and dropped her gaze to the floor in pain. Peter gasped quickly, and then began rapidly shooting towards the floor.
"Shit, Peter," Raine screamed. She dashed forwards.