Part 2

Nat lay awake that night, staring at her ceiling. Despite it being, around 2 AM, sleep wouldn't come to her and she was forced to stay conscious with her buzzing mind. It was dark outside and she heard the odd sound of distant laughing drunks or you know, the peaceful lullaby of police sirens that seemed to be a constant soundtrack round here, due to the city's pretty extreme crime rate. But Nat was used to all this noise - silence would be eerier for her.
Though she tried to distract herself, the question kept appearing in her mind like one of those sparkly banners.
Who was that girl?
Everytime Nat seemed to close her eyes, that girl's face would appear in her mind. Her pale, frightened features, her darkened lips, her piercing green eyes that stuck out like glowing orbs.
Ugh ugh ugh, Nat groaned. Why was this girl fixed in her brain? There was just something about her that seemed so strange, so, so distant from humanity. So... Neglected.
"I'm reading way too much into this," Nat sighed. She gave up on trying to sleep and decided to make herself some hot chocolate and visit Steve. The last time she'd checked on him, less than an hour ago, he'd been deeply unconscious still, though Tony was pleased to see his injuries were healing well. Nat grabbed her warm cup of cocoa and slipped into Steve's room. To her surprise, he turned around and looked at her.
"Bloody hell Steve, you nearly gave me a heart attack!" she chucked quietly. He grinned and moved across so she could sit beside him. She sunk into the couch and faced him cross legged. He took a sip of her hot chocolate.
"How are you feeling?" she whispered sympathetically. He smiled.
"Not too bad actually. I wouldn't be surprised if Wilson has slipped me something - he was watching me earlier. I feel weirdly okay. A bit floaty but I'm fine," he said back.
"If he has slipped you something I'll kill him," Nat promised.
"Oh I know you will," Steve chucked.
He then sighed.
"Steve," Nat addressed carefully "Do you remember who brought you here? I don't know if you were unconscious but Tony found you at the doorstep." Nat said. Steve thought and tried to remember.
"I was fighting. There were too many of them. I got knocked down.. And... Something happened. And the attackers were all crushed by this bus or something."
"A bus?" Nat blinked. "On top of the building? "
Steve nodded. "I thought I'd imagined it. There was this person, a woman I think it was, or a girl, she... Moved the bus. I know it sounds crazy but I'm sure I saw it. It was like she moved the bus and crushed the attackers."
Nat nodded.
"I believe you," She said, then motioned for him to continue.
"Well after they'd all been crushed," Steve went on, "the girl came over to me. I was in a lot of pain. She had something strapped to her back, and she had these, eyes. They were just so.... Transfixing. It was incredible. Piercing green. I then remember, I think, she picked me up or something. But then I passed out. What happened then? "Steve asked. Nat took in all this information curiously.
" Well, she took you here and rang the doorbell. Well she didn't ring the doorbell but I'll get to that later. Then she left you on the doorstep and hid behind a bin to check you were let in. And then she left," Nat said. Steve's eyebrow was furrowed in a mixture of confusion and suspicion.
" Strange, " he murmured.
Nat nodded.
" We need to find her, "she said." today, we need to find that girl. We need to know why she helped you, what her powers are and who she is. "
Steve nodded." Aye aye, Captain, " he grinned. Nat hit him on the head with the hot chocolate mug and it smashed.
" Whoops."

Later that morning.
Peter received a call from Tony early morning. He yawned and put it on speaker while he brushed his teeth.
" Hey Parker, I need you today, " Tony said. Peter spat out his toothpaste in excitement.
"Reeshlee? Vot vorr?" he asked, grinning. Tony sighed down the phone.
"I'm just gonna pretend this is a one way conversation. Which means I talk - you zilch. Got it?"
"Vot it Vishtar Shtark," Peter spat.
"Ugh, whatever kid. I need you and Nat to do some digging. I need you to find this girl who may or may not be a world threat. Head over here ASAP and I'll give you more instructions. Don't worry I've already rang your school and told them you have an internship. They're happy, they like me. Just get here quick kid, yeah? "
Tony said. Peter cleaned his mouth.
" See you soon Mister Stark, " he promised cheerfully.

Later, Peter arrived at the tower. He went up to where Tony and Nat were waiting with Steve looking battered in a chair.
" Woah, what happened to you, Cap? " Peter asked, nervously. Steve laughed.
"Nat hit me on the head with a mug," he explained. Nat nudged him but went pink.
"No, he got bruised in a mission yesterday," Nat explained. Peter nodded. Tony explained all about the mysterious girl with the bow and how they needed to find her.
"Cool," Peter said brightly, "I'm down."
Tony sighed.
Nat sighed.
Steve laughed.
"And you guys are stuck with him all day," he said triumphantly.
"What? I'm not annoying!" Peter insisted indignantly. Nat pulled him into a hug.
"No you're not, but if we don't get moving, I'll turn your cute little insides into sushi for Steve's cat." she smiled sweetly.
That got Peter out the door.