* Chapter 13 * (Pic of Chris)

Picture of Chris Ryder -------- >

(Un - edited)

Chapter 13

Never in my life have I been so nervous and scared. I swear I'm going to shit my pants.

"Grace, relax! He's going to be alright. He does this all the time." Nick said rubbing my arms, trying to comfort me but that did not have any effects at all. I was still sweating like a pig, shivering a little from fear and still ranting the same thing in my head.

Please let Cameron be okay.

"Grace, you're going to give yourself a heart attack. Relax! Take deep breaths." Brain said. How can they be fine? How can they expect me to relax? What if something happens to Cameron? Did they not care at all? Is this what Cameron meant when he said nobody cares?

Oh, shut up Grace! You are being ridiculous.

I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. My heart was going wild in my chest and my breathing was coming out in pants. I felt like I could pass out any moment.

Suddenly there was loud cheering from the crowd which snapped me out. I opened my eyes to see the crowd jumping with excitement. I looked at the starting line and saw that Cameron and Chris were already there. Cameron looked around and smirked at everyone.

His eyes met mine. I don't know what he saw on my face but he gave me a confident smile and slipped on his helmet.

Both Cameron and Chris had taken their positions.

I wanted to run there and drag Cameron back stopping the damn race. But I couldn't do it!

I crossed my fingers and prayed. That was all I could do.

The bikes roared to life and some commentary or something was going on in the background which I couldn't concentrate on. All I could see was him.

Suddenly there was a loud thud and the race started.

If my heart was going wild I my chest earlier, now, it's threatening to come out. The crowd went wild cheering. Most of them were cheering for Cameron because Chris was new, I think.

I was only concentrated on Cameron. He took all the sharp turns smoothly riding at an insane speed. Chris wasn't far behind him; in fact he was almost next to Cameron.

A little ahead of them was a very sharp U-turn and I had my fingers crossed. Tears threatened to flow. Though, I don't know why I was crying but, just the thought of something happening to Cameron was painful. I blinked a few times to keep the tears from falling.

I looked at Nick who was laughing at something Mason said. I poked him and he looked at me.

"Can't we stop the race?" I asked pleadingly. I mean, there has to be a way to stop it. Even though, they were half way through the race I couldn't help but feel like something bad was going to happen.

Nick laughed. "No Gracie. We can't! Aren't you enjoying it?"

I scoffed. Enjoying it? I was shitting my pants.