Chapter 1- Subway

The three boys walked down to the subway, walking through the metal detectors that didn't do anything.

David looked around at everything and everyone.

There was a drummer banging two different shades of buckets with drumsticks and sitting on another bucket with another having the drumsticks in it.

Race and Jack started dancing, David joining in.

Race clapped his hands together.

"Darly." he said happily at his friend.

"Racetrack." he said back with the same tone. He stopped drumming, holding the drumsticks. "Jack." he pointed one of them at David. "Who's the new dude?"

"Jackie boy's boyfriend."

They walked farther, Darly drumming again.

"Good swashing, Jack." a girl older than Jack who was holding another girl's hand said, leaving David to wonder how he knew the girl and drummer.

"Thanks." he said, strutting, Race doing it too and David mimicking them.

Soon, they were on the train, all three holding onto a pole.

"Race," Jack said, suddenly, smirking at his friend, "you know how you said you would keep your cool on the subway?" Race raised a brow, nodding. "Let's see how cool you can be when you look at him."

He pointed to a guy with suspenders, Race turning to him.

When he saw Racetrack was looking at him, he smiled.

Race turned back with a big goofy grin. He laughed like a smitten girl.

"That guy is my new brother, Spot, you should go say hi."

As he said that, the train rounded a corner, Jack making Race's hands let go of the pole and he let out a shriek before landing in the boy's lap.

When he shook it off, he looked at the boy, who was smirking at him.

"Hi." Race said dreamily. "We were just talking about you." he nodded, looking at his brother before turning back to Racetrack. He stuck out his hand.

"I'm Spot Conlon."

"I love it."

Spot settled Race down on the empty spot next to him, just as a woman with a pink jacket came over.

"Perhaps someone would like to give their seat to someone older?" Spot raised his hand, moving to get up until the lady said, "Not you, sweet potato pie."

Race stood up to the lady's ear, whispering, "Please don't make me move, I wanna see where this goes."

"I just worked a twelve hour shift and I just wanna see where this goes," she hit her backside, "m'kay?"

"M'kay." Race said dejectedly.

He walked back towards his friend, Jack smirking at him.

"What if that was the best moment of my life?" Race asked, Jack continuing to smirk. "What if nothing ever happens to me again?"

Jack thought for a moment and, just as the train was turning again, made Race let go and shriek, falling into the woman's lap. She looked irritated, before smiling and picking him up bridal style, planting him in Spot's lap with a, "It's for you."

__________________________________

"Did you have trouble with the homework?" David asked Race, closing his locker. Jack put his arm around his shoulders.