Chapter 11- Romeo and Juliet and Sarah (and Mush)

Katherine lay on a bed, wearing a red dress, her arms crossed atop her chest.

Sarah stands to the side dressed in armer, a hood pulled over his head and a spear with an ace head in hand.

Jack enters, begrudgingly, wearing a black outfit, a black vest buttoned up on his chest.

"Eyes, look your last," he says, in the softest voice he can manage, stepping forward and into the room. "Arms, take your last embrace."

He lays his head on the bed as Sarah stepped forward, watching the scene.

Jack raised his head up. "And lips, oh, you the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss."

Sarah stepped forward again, practically in the place Jack and come through.

Jack leaned up, almost placing a kiss to the girls' lips before Sarah raised the foam spear.

"Back off!" she says.

"What...meanest thou?" Jack asked, confused. "...Spear Carrier?" he got off his knees and looked at Sarah, both basically the same height. He took a glance at the audience. "Who havest no lines."

Sarah pushed off the hood, revealing her blonde hair in a bun as she put a finger up to his face.

"You tried to kiss my woman." she said, practically growling. "This, I cannot allow. Prepare to die!"

Katherine laughed silently from the prop bed.

"Sarah," Jack said, "what is you doing? It's 'Romeo and Juliet'."

"Well, now it's 'Romeo and Juliet and Sarah'!" she looked smug. "I play Sarah."

"Dude, i'm supposed to kiss the girl. Shakespeare said."

Sarah looked to the crowd and raised the spear up. "Who thinks the Spear Carrier should finally get to kiss 'Juliet'!?"

Almost everybody started applauding, Blink standing up from his seat as he cheered the loudest.

"Yeah, you kiss that girl, you crazy Spear Carrier!"

He sat back down.

Mush crawled up onto the stage, standing beside Sarah and grabbing her spear.

"Hark! You commeth uppeth here and getteth kissed too!"

He pointed the foam spear at him, at he got up with a role of his eye, Race whistling at them.

"Thank you, thank you, you're too kind, seriously" the red headed boy said quietly as he got up, motioning for them to stop as Kath moved over, making room for Blink as he laid beside her.

"How ya doin'?" he asked, turning to the girl as Sarah and Mush got behind them respectively.

"I just don't understand how we end up in situations like this."

__________________________________

Katherine stepped out of the room, everybody applauding when she did. She did a curtsy, and stood beside Racetrack, Spot Davey, and Crutchie, who were applauding for her as well.

Jack and Sarah stepped out, the leather on their vests shining as they thanked everyone who was clapping.

They stood on the opposite of the hall to their friends, leaning on the bench as Blink cam out, applauds being heard until he sat on the bench Jack and Sarah were leaning on, Mush came out, a silence breaking out.

Kath looked at everyone, before she started clapping and everyone joined in.

"Thank you, thank you, Mush nation!"

"Mushie," Sniper said, stepping towards him as everyone dispersed, using a finger to motion him toward her, "come here."

"'Liza, don't." Kath put a hand on her shoulder, making her turn to look at her. "He thinks he was good."

Sniper smiled at her, nodding. "Yeah, i'm gonna fix that."

"But you can't tell him the truth. You'll crush him."

"Oh, I can tell him the truth. It's you who can't tell him the truth because you're afraid."

"'M not afraid, i'm nice."

"You're saying 'm not nice?"

"No, i'm afraid to say that."

"Tell him the truth. You know Mush. You know what will happen if you don't."

They started walking towards him.

"Mush!" Kath said, excitedly. Mush stood up from where he sitting on the bench with a smile on his face. "You were so-what what are the best words?"

"He killed the play." Sniper said. "Those are the words. Those are the only words. You killed the play. Tell 'im."

"What? What does she mean?"

"She means you killed it, Mush! Killed it! Showbiz talk."

Sniper rolled her eyes.

"Actually, I thought I ruined the play. If you would've told me I ruined the play, I would have believed you."

Kath held up a finger, but Mush wasn't through.

"I would have been crushed, but I would've believed you."

Kath sighed. "How could I crush one of the best actors working in middle school today?"

Sniper gave her an expression that was a mix of disbelief and promised death.

"I'm a good actor? What if i'm good? What if i'm great? What if i'm the greatest actor who ever lived, and I never knew it? That would be sad. Wah! It's okay, it's okay. I was acting!"

Sniper gave him a disbelieving expression while Kath gave him an encouraging smile.

"Thank, Katherine! My public awaits."

He swung around them and into the crowd of students as Sniper turned to Katherine.

"You can't lie to him, Kath. You're gonna break our little Mush, and then Blink will be pissed, and you know what happens when Blink gets pissed."

"Oh, I will not, I didn't do anything. This will all go away."

Jazz music started playing behind them, and they both turned around to see Mush wearing tap shows, a top hat, and holding Spot's pimp cane.

The people around started clapping at the little show and he tapped danced by the two girls.

"And I think..." Sniper turned to her, "you broke him!"