Chapter 13- Chicken

Les laid on the couch in his space pajamas, reading a book with different animals and the title, "Animal Stories" on it, while Hannah sat on the couch, reading a book titled, "When Bad Things Happen to Good People" while Medda, sitting at the bench at the table, read "When Bad Things Happen to Good Chickens".

Medda clicked her tongue, "I'm lookin' at this book. It's a cookbook about chickens."

Hannah looked over at her, a smile om her face. "You wanna do this? Now?"

Medda nodded, "I do. Kiss kiss?"

"Nope nope. Want to see where this goes."

"Me too! So..." she got up, walking to and sitting down next to her wife, "Hannah, look at all these recipes about chicken with pictures. Fried chicken, Barbecued Chicken, Orange Chicken, Chicken a la King, Chicken Marsala, Teriyaki Chicken, General TSO's Chicken, Chicken Tikka Masala!"

"Uh-huh, right, got it, sure, right, great, sure..."

Medda looked at Hannah, who was looking at her already. "Your point."

"Well, Hannah, I think you must admit I have been very careful to span the gamut of many international chicken selections."

Hannah closed her book menacingly, leaning closer to her wife. "If you stop right now, nothing bad will happen to you."

Medda looked conflicted before looking back at the page. "Braised Chicken, Chicken Cordon Bleu, Chicken Pot Pie."

"Uh-huh, fight, sure."

Hannah turned to the boy.

"Les, you've bern watching us, right?"

Les nodded.

"Your thoughts on the subject?"

Les slammed his book shut before getting up, walking over to Medda's side of the couch and patting her shoulder.

"Good luck."

He then walked to his room.

Medda slowly closes her book, her wife still watching her intently with a smile.

Medda pointed to a book. "Look, honey, it's Leslie's big book of dinosaurs." she got up and picked the object up, turning it towards her. "Look at that! Wow." she opened it up and started turning the pages. "Lool, and right here on page...nine...is your chicken!" he flipped the book over. "It's a Pterodactyl." she turned it back to her. "Now...it says here it died out over sixty-five million years ago. That might explain why your chicken was a little dry." Medda made a small circle with her thumb and index finger as Hannah took the book, slamming it shut loudly before setting it aside, a smile on her face as she put her hands over one of Medda's before the woman put her other over both of hers and her other one.

"Oh. This is nice." Hannah pulled her up as she stood. "Oh, we taking a walkie?" she pointed her thumb to the door. Hannah put the other woman's arm around her shoulder as she nodded.

"Yeah, we're taking a walkie. You see honey, my truth is that from the moment I met you I adored you." she opened up the door to the Jacobs' home, pushing Medda out. "And there is nothing you could do or say that could ever change that."

"You're locking me out of the Jacobs' house now, aren't you?"

Hannah started hitting her shoulder, saying similar to how one would talk to a dog or baby, "That's right! That's exactly what i'm gonna do!"

She then walked back in, slamming the door in her wife's' face and locking it.

__________________________________