home.

red devils - chapter one

"Move your ass up, Missy, this place is taken", a voice with an umistakable Mancunian accent made me wake up. I opened my eyes and looked into those of an old woman, nearly punching me for sitting on her place.

But wait, Mancunian accent? That must mean I finally arrived in Manchester, which was proved true the second I looked out of the trains window I slept against just a few minutes ago. I was awfully tired after flying all the way back from New Zealand to London and then taking the train back to Manchester. What actually convinced me again when I thought about taking the train instead of flying directly back? So I could see how the cities and landscape changed? I didn't see anything, man. I slept through all of it.

"Manchester, Central Station.", the mechanic female voice inside the train said, informing the passengers about the next stop. Hearing how I would arrive in my home town just a few minutes from now I couldnt be more excited: I was back and I'm absolutely ready to rock Manchester for 2 weeks straight.

"Unbelievable, those kids. So disrespectful! The youth of today!", the old lady exclaimed and I raised an eyebrow. Was she really yelling at me right now? I took my jacket and unplugged my headphones, now standing right in front of her. "With all due respect, Mrs. You just woke me up in such an unpolitely way and telling me to "move my ass up", I dont think I did anything wrong here, maybe you should change your mind about young people and try being nicer the next time. Have a nice day", she just stared at my while I got my suitcase and then left the train. Old people confuse me, I just dont know why.

While I was elbowing my way through Manchester's Central Station I tried texting my parents, at least telling them I arrived since they didn't really find the time to pick me up. Linnea, my best friend, still was working as did my baby brother. I sighed: It's okay, they all have their own lifes and stuff, but I thought at least one of them could pick me up, or at least welcome me here, i just think it's so sad to get somewhere and not being welcomed by your loved ones. Or is that just me?

Not knowing what would happen next I entered the lobby, a few seconds passed by as I heard someone hysterically scream my name: I couldn't believe it. I looked up from my phone and searched the room with my eyes. In the right corner, right next to a Subway-Resturante I found them. My Parents, my best friend and my not-so-baby-anymore brother eating one of those sandwiches.

My eyes teared up. I was so happy to see them. I missed them so much, I didn't even realise it until now, the second they're standing right in front of me. I jogged past some strangers and right into the arms of my beloved family. "Took you a long ass time to get here, sis", my brother said while chewing his sandwich. How does he look so fit, while always eating that much? Wish I could relate.

I was just hugging my Mom and Dad as I said: "Language, Ky. You're not grown up, yet, okay?" I hope he never does grow up, he's just an 19-year-old baby. "No he's right. About damn time you visit us." My best friend now spoke and I looked at her. She didn't change a bit. Still a beautiful, agile personality I love with all my heart. We never lost contact, we always facetimed, texted or simply spoke over the phone. I couldn't have forgiven myself if I lost my oldest, dearest friend just because I left England for my job.

Fortunately in the end everything worked out just fine and as I looked at my Dad carrying my suitcase, my Mom happily talking to me, Kylian eating his sandwich and Linnea proudly walking next to me, I could say something I haven't been able to say in a while: I'm finally home.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
So this is the first chapter; what do you guys think? Is it too long or too short? Let me know!

- lu