it's your favourite.

red devils - chapter  seven

The morning began with Linnea and Me being woken up by an ridiculously loud alarm. After we got up and got ready we realised what we were up to.

We were going to meet the teams coach: Gareth Southgate, a former football player who played as a defender or as a midfielder. I knew the facts, nevertheless I was still nervous as hell and so was Linnea.

We were practicing the Power Point Presentation we prepared on our way to London. It would help us tell more about ourselves and help demonstrate our work.

As we entered the room we were friendly greeted by all the men and women sitting around a subovate table.
Everyone was dressed formal and Linnea and I fitted in perfectly.
We were wearing pencil skirts and blouses with blazers, our hair put up in a pretty bun.

We started showing our presentation and while I was talking i got more secure every second: I missed this.
Talking in front of people and them listening to me.

While Lin was talking about her job and her experience my eyes were caught by Gareth Southgate.
He was smiling at me in a very friendly way which made me feel even more secure than before.
I took over from now and started telling how many languages I fluently spoke, how many I was learning and how I did with my job in New Zealand.

Additionally Linnea and I were extremly honest with those poeple: We told them how we never worked together before but have been known each other since forever. We convinced them with our long year friendship and how well we know each other.

At like 12pm we got out of the conference.
The job was officially ours and we had concluded a contract.

Outside the team was waiting for us, lined up and cheering as we got out.
They invited us to a club tour this evening: To celebrate.

Linnea and I were amazed, it seemed like we were going to make friends for life with those guys.

As we got back in the room Linnea changed for leaving for her lunch date with Kieran.

"We'll talk about this whole Jesse-Thing later, Smilla, I swear." She promised as she kissed my cheek and left the room.

I watched her leaving and then changed into a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. I was now left alone by my thoughts. The first time in awhile now and that never works out well.

I was sitting on my bed, listening to some old music on my phone while reading a book about the German Language and how it evolved over the centuries. I got carried away by my thoughts.

It was the first day of senior year.
That's when I first saw him.
I never really noticed him before but the way he was staring at me, it made me recognise him.

I tried smiling at him even waving a bit.
He just turned around talking to one of his friends and I watched him confused.

"Baby, how was your vacation?" A strong arm was wrapped around me as I looked over to my boyfriend, Will.
He was overprotective, possessive actually. But i noticed that way too late.

Later that year it was time for Spring Fling.

I haven't talked to the guy that was always staring at me yet but I planned to.

Fate made it happen at the Spring Fling Party.

It was one of mine and Linneas friends that introduced us to Jesse and his friends.