nothing to break up.

red devils - chapter twelve

After an awful long and extremly uncomfortable car ride with Jesse, the two of us finally arrived at the hospital.

Neither of us knew what to say to each other in this particular moment, this awful tension had build itself up and swallowed us in it.

It took an eternity till we found Marcus, he was standing in front of the emergency room, walking around nervously.

"Beans, is everything okay?" Jesse immediately asked his best friend, putting a hand on his shoulder to comfort the taller one.

"Where's Lin?" It probably came off rude to ask this so fast, especially with Marcus looking like he had just seen a ghost, but my priority now was Lin and I needed to keep my focus on her, only her.

"Room 12, a lot of blood. We should go there. She needs support." Marcus mumbled as we all got ready to take off to the room. Jesse gave Marcus a worried look as he put his arm around him.

We entered the room to see Lin laying on the bed, having a lot of used handkerchiefs around her, all drowned in blood.

"What the fuck, Beans? What happened?" Jesse exclaimed as he saw LIn.

Marcus had just closed the door, looking at her with a gulity expression on his face.

"Marcus, I told you. It's not your fault, okay? It's mine. I didn't watch out and just fell over my legs. Come here." Lin gestured the young man towards her and wrapped his arms around him as he kneeled down next to her at the bedside.

It was that moment my eyes caught Jesses and started to tear up a bit.

"Did the doctors already confirm a diagnosis?" Jesse asked. Marcus had gotten up and kissed her cheek, he was sitting on a chair now.

"My synovial bursa broke when I hit my knee on the floor. It causes a lot of bleeding and stuff." Lin explained. "It's that thing that protects the kneecap from damage. I have to walk with crutches for the next three weeks"

"Well it did its job, right?" Marcus said, trying to smile a bit. His effort on making Lin laugh a bit warmed my heart.

"Well I'm convinced it was my high-heel curse. You remember prom, Smilla? It was hell. Those things seriously murder me everytime I wear them" Lin asked and started laughing. It made me chuckle. Those good times.

"Beans, let's go outside, give 'em girls a minute?" Jesse asked Marcus, giving him the expression to absolutely not disagree with him right now. He got up and they both left the room.
Marcus and Lin were left pretty confused.

I sat down next to Lin on her bed taking her hand into mine. "Lin, I'm so sorry" I made it to these few words till I first started tearing up.

Lin was pretty shook, she didn't expect me to start crying or even apologising. "Smilla, what happened? Is everything okay?" She got up to comfort me but I just shook my head.

"I'm such a bad friend, Lin. I'm so self centered I didnt notice what was going on with you. I don't know what happened with you and Kieran or how things are with Marcus. All I focused on was myself and Jesse, I'm so sorry" Tears were running down my cheeks as I held my best friends hand, perks of being emotional.

"Sweetie, it's okay. I didn't even come to you to talk, I didn't ask for anything. You couldn't have known about all that. You have a life and problems as well. It's okay, yeah?" She assured and hugged me right after.

We then had a pretty long talk, she told me what happened with Kieran and I explained to her what happened with Jesse a few minutes before we arrived.

It knocked at the door and Jesse and Marcus came back in with a nurse in tow. She asked us to leave now since Lin needed to rest and they had to start pumping blood back into her bursa. We agreed on visiting Lin the next evening together and then left after we all hugged my injured best friend.

We went to Jesse's car, once again in silence.

"Guys, what's up with the two of you? It seems like you broke up or something." Marcus asked jokingly but you could hear the concern in hus voice.

I scoffed. "There's nothing to break up, Marcus." I told him with a sad smile and then got in the car. Jesse didn't say anything, he just placed himself in the drivers seat very quick.

We drove back to the hotel and I immediately got to my room after we arrived. I was done with this day and needed to rest.

As I woke up the next day, the team was already at training. Gareth had to get them into shape since their first game was in a few days and a long plane ride was laying ahead of them. I decided to go visit Lin and then explore Moscow a bit by myself and maybe then settle down in a cute cafe to do some work.

After sneaking food into the hospital Lin and I had a secret lunch at her room, the food in hospitals really tastes awful.

We discussed her relationship with Marcus and I convinced her to do the first step, since Marcus seemed to be a bit shy - only when it comes to Lin, of course. We then talked about my desaster with Jesse, coming to the conclusion that it might be a good idea to just wait. Maybe he wasn't ready yet. I mean, I was pissed, of course. Having this on and off with Jesse, not knowing what this is all the time. I'd like to have something real, with safety. But I know that fate threw us together once, why not twice, right?

I left the hospital after a nurse once again kicked me out for Lin's daily treatment. I called an uber to get into the city, doing some sight seeing. I settled down in a café near the Moscow Kremlin.

I was sitting at a table near the huge window facade working on my laptop and drinking a cup of tea. I made some calls to organise busses to the airport and stuff, I also called the hotels manager we would be staying at again because I needed to confirm our stay. The next game would be in Volgograd, against Tunesia and it's like 11 hours away from Moscow by car so going by plan is a must.

Eventually I finished my work stuff and got back to the hotel with a cab.

I was rapt in my thoughts as the uber seemed to ask me something.

"Huh?" I mumbled as I managed to escape my thoughts filled with Jesse.

"Miss, your phone!" He said, looking at me through the mirror.

I nodded and thanked him in Russian.

"Hi, it's Smilla Deighton" I said into my phone after accpeting the call from and unknown number.

"Smilla, it's me. Do you want to get coffee together? Trainings off." French accent, unmistakeable.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Uff, what a week!
Sorry for not updating recently i'm pretty stressed out
Nations League started a few days ago and I think its so cool🙏🏻 but i cant believe england lost against spain??? and omg luke shaw's injury, it looked so bad! also what's up with david de gea? i saw a video where he seemed pretty pissed at jesse and marcus after the game
anyways, let me know what you think about this chapter!❤️