bringing it home.

red devils - chapter nine

"England has high chances this World Cup. I was and still am honored to be named captain of such an amazing team full of young and talented football players." Harry answered the interviewer.

It's a press conference containing the Three Lions, Gareth organised it so it was the last thing to do and before leaving the team could take off for Tatenhill after it was over. Linnea and I stood in the back, behind the interviewers and paparazzi, watching the boys doing some press.

I couldn't keep my eyes off Jesse. He just sat there, only answering questions when he was directly asked, probably completely somewhere else with his mind.

We went home last night. Not talking about what had happened. It wasn't necassary, was it? I mean we talked, right? There was nothing left to talk about.
We agreed on taking our time and I shouldn't be thinking about this right now.

"Mr. Southgate, do you have any advice for the teams opponents?" An Interviewer asked, pointing his microphone at Gareth.

"This team will fight their way to the top and they shouldn't be underestimated." He said with a proud grin.

The team escorted Lin and me to our taxi which parked right next to the team's bus. I looked at everyone while trying not to feel like literal garbage because I hated Goodbyes and I loved these boys way too much.
Everyone hugged each other and if it hadn't already been done phone numbers were exchanged.

Jesse was the last one to say goodbye to.

He hugged me tight, burying his head in my hair the same way I buried my head in his chest inhaling his scent.
I heard Linnea clearing her throat which meant it was time to let go now.
I broke away from him looking up into his eyes while smiling at the taller one.

I got into the cab watching the boys standing outside. Lin got in after me.

"I fucking hate Goodbyes, Lin" I chuckled while tearing up.
We've only been with the team for barely a week but everyone is just so lovely and missable.

"I know, baby. But I know what you hate even more." She said, while wiping away a single tear that left my eye.

"What?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Leaving Jesse." She said, smiling in an apologising way then hugging me for a while.

Doing some of my work on our way back to Manchester it made me think about all that had happened the past time.

I had this great job offer which gave me and Linnea the opportunity to work together and I made some awesome friends.
And it might be even possible that I'm on the best way to fall in love with Jesse.

I smiled.
This wasn't so bad.
It was nice actually.

Okay, it was nice despite the fact that it's 6 Weeks till the World Cup starts. Which means 5 weeks till Linnea and I reunite with the team to fly to Russia. That's a long time.

Back in our apartment I quickly started unpacking things and it was Lin's idea to go out and eat something.
We decided to go back to Cane & Grain in Thomas Street.
We enjoyed the food and we were curious about how our old-new friend Christian had been.
As we entered the resturante we were friendly greeted by the American we had just talked about and were politely gestured to our table.

After Chrisitan had clocked off for the day he decided to join us in our booth.
We talked a lot.
He sat in front of me next to Linnea.
We found out a lot of stuff about him.
His last name was Pulisic, which is croatian.
As we found out it's his grandpa who's from Croatia. Also Christians father also played "soccer" as he liked to call it.