Chapter 11 - First Encounter

Tom walked forwards, a mischievous grin painted on his face like a masterpiece. He grabbed Chris's extended hand and they bumped shoulders, patting each other on the back in a friendly fashion.

"Good to see you," Tom smiled before nodding to the beautiful lady beside Chris.

"Hello!" Chris called to Allegra, who was frozen in shock where she stood.

The neon lights from the walls had turned Allegra's white playsuit and her pale skin a bright pink, making Allegra's entire body look like it was blushing, rather than just her cheeks.

"May I introduce Miss Allegra Mullins," Tom announced proudly, wrapping an arm around her waist and kissing her shoulder in an attempt to pull her from her shock, even though he was clearly enjoying it.

"Nice to meet you, Miss Mullins," Chris smiled with a warm welcoming manner, extending his hand to her. Allegra took it hesitantly and he planted a kiss on the top of her knuckle, overwhelming her with a feeling that she would faint, but Tom continued to support her by holding her waist close to him.

"Please, call me Allie," she managed, sputum getting caught in her throat as heat burned her internally.

"What did you say it was short for?" Chris asked, addressing Tom who had not taken his eyes off of her once.

"Allegra," Tom told him proudly.

The beautiful woman sat down behind the table stood up, brushing the skirt of her royal blue dress so it would flatten around her perfect figure.

"Interesting name," Chris said, smiling back at Allegra again who turned her face away in embarrassment, making Tom smile even more.

"Thanks," she mumbled.

"I'm Chris. This is my beautiful wife, Elsa," he said, extending his arm to the beautiful lady who wrapped her arm around his waist. Chris kissed her head, offering her his pride and affection, and Elsa smiled beautifully at Allegra.

"Hi, Allie!" she said, undeniable warmth in her voice. "I'm not a Queen, though," she laughed, referring to the Disney film Frozen.

"You're my Queen," Chris said, kissing her head again.

Allegra couldn't help but think about Naomi, and how much she would love to be there, and smiled to herself at the thought of telling her.

"Lovely to meet you," Allegra smiled at them both before turning to Tom. "I'm going to kill you if my sister doesn't," she said into his ear through gritted teeth, making Tom chuckle.

They sat around the circular table- Chris at one end; Elsa next to Allegra; and Tom the other end, as the waiter from the entrance approached them with a messy notepad and a chewed pen in his hand.

"Drinks?" he asked.

"Your finest tap please, good sir," Tom said.

A frown creased Allegra's brow and she turned to Tom.

"You're just having water?" she asked.

Suddenly, Chris, Elsa and Tom burst into laughter, and Allegra felt herself slip slightly in her seat, embarrassment making an appearance again. Allegra wondered how many more times it would strike her that night.

"Beer, darling," Tom eventually told her, kissing her temple softly and erasing every embarrassed particle from her existence.

"Oh," Allegra laughed.

"For you, ma'am?" the waiter asked, interrupting her and saving what was probably going to be more embarrassment.

"The same, please" Allegra replied, remembering what Tom had told her earlier that evening.