Chapter 34 - Everything's About to Change... Again

Tom placed his hand gently on Allegra's shoulder and kissed the top of her head.

"I'm so proud of you," he told her.

"I can't believe I'm about to send this off," she replied, staring in disbelief at the printed draft of her own book in her hands.

"It's a beautiful book, Allie," he smiled.

She stood up from the white desk in their living room and turned to him, standing on her tiptoes so she could wrap her arms around him.

"I couldn't have done it without your help," she said softly.

They pulled away from the hug and he brushed his fingers through her hair, tucking a lock behind her ear as he always did when he admired her.

"When this gets turned into a film, will you let me play the master of the house?" he asked her.

"Well, he is based off of you..." she smiled. "But I was thinking of asking Chris to do it."

"Oh," Tom said, disappointment on his face. "Well can I at least play the lady of the house? I've always wanted to play a female role."

"No," she laughed.

She stood back, running her hand down his chest as she admired the pinstripe blue shirt he was wearing, accompanied by his favourite pair of jeans.

"I like your shirt," she grinned.

"Thank you," he said, kissing her forehead. "Louis Vuitton... I wonder if he can do accents," Tom muttered to himself as he narrowed his eyes in thought. "Probably not."

She laughed, covering her mouth in case she had any lipstick on her teeth.

He pulled her close again, brushing her cheek with his thumb as he looked into her eyes.

"You know I'll love you until the world stops turning, right?" he asked.

"I do now," she smiled up at him. "And even after when it ends?"

He nodded with a smile, and suddenly his expression changed to serious again.

"I need to ask you something, actually," he told her.

"What's that?"

"Stay there," he told her, kissing her head before leaving the room.

"Why?" she called through the house, curiosity flooding her system.

"Just stay there, and close your eyes," he called back.

She closed her eyes and covered them with her hands, a big smile on her face as mixed emotions took over her body and mind.

"Tom?" she called as she waited, beginning to feel nauseous from the anticipation.

"Stay there..." she could hear him nearer to her again, but he still made her wait longer. "Open your eyes."

She pulled her hands away from her eyes obediently, revealing Tom on one of his knees, the soft carpet cushioning his knee cap as some of the fibres caught on his jeans. In his hands was a small open black box, home to a beautiful silver ring with a perfect peridot jewel, Allegra's birthstone, in the centre, surrounded by dozens of tiny diamonds.

"Oh my God..." she gasped, suddenly feeling faint as well as nauseous.

She staggered back slightly, her hand extended behind her, so she could grab the back of the sofa to keep herself upright.

"Allegra Elizabeth Mullins..." he said. "Will you marry me?"

THE END

The Three-Month RuleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara