4

The sound of thunder caused me to jump out of my sleep.

My room was filled with darkness that would be illuminated by the lighting ever so often.

I sat up and rubbed my face, looking to my left expecting Link to be there as if this was just a bad dream. *Knock Knock* the door creaked open slowly and Impa walked in.   She sat at the edge of the bed, her hand onto of my mine "Paya...you love him" she whispered. "....." I was lost for words how did she know? "Grandmother always knows Paya" she smiled "Plus he seems to be sleeping in your room" she winked patting my hand.

My face turned red not that anyone could see in the darkness of the room. "I-i do..but I feel that Princesses Zelda may also have feelings for him and he left with her" talking about it made my heart hurt all over again. "Paya I see the way he looks at you and I'm sure he had a reason to go back" I shifted closer to Impa and laid my head on her lap. " I guess" I drifted off back to sleep.

The next day came it was bright and sunny outside, after my daily routine I received a letter from Hyrule.

"Dear Paya, 

As you may know, Hyrule has been rebuilt. To celebrate this I will be holding a ball, which will be held inside the castle.

I would love for you to attend, your invite includes a plus one,  please see below the dress code. 

Dress code:

Females: elegant ball gowns.

Males: formal suit attire. 

The ball will be held Friday next week at 7 pm.

Can't wait to see you there!

Sincerely,

Zelda"

I showed Impa the letter she was ecstatic "Paya you have to go the princess  sent you a personal invite!" I looked back down at the paper, I should go so I can see Link but I don't want to see Zelda who knows what she's planning. "Grandmother I don't even have a dress" she held both my hands "Paya go into Hyrule and get some materials and I can make you one, Hyrule is flourishing right now so there is bound to be a huge selection of stores!"

I nodded Impa then called for the guards to get a horse ready for me. I packed a bunch of food and luckily since Gannon is defeated there shouldn't be any monsters to deal with. I had my backpack ready and headed out of Kakariko village.

Hyrule

It was amazing the streets were bustling with people, the sound laughter and chatter filled the air the total opposite of kakariko town. I road through on my horse seeing people from different villages.

They had a horse stable, so I boarded my horse and started walking around, looking off into the distance I could see Hyrule castle the image of Zelda flashed in my mind I doubt I would see her out here shes probably inside the castle with Link. 

The Images of them together tugged at my heart, I shook my head getting rid of those thoughts. 

I soon found the store I needed, I wasn't sure of the color I wanted so I picked up a few.  After paying I made my way to the stables, there were a group of girls in front of me and whatever they were looking at was causing them to blush and giggle. I walked around them to see what the fuss was about, but once my eyes locked onto the figure before me I froze... 

What was he doing? why was he shirtless and now all the girls were surrounding him fawning over his body! They began talking to him but seeing him smile and talk to these girls made me feel worse, should I even approach him?  I continued towards t...

What was he doing? why was he shirtless and now all the girls were surrounding him fawning over his body! They began talking to him but seeing him smile and talk to these girls made me feel worse, should I even approach him?  I continued towards the stable not looking back. Once on my horse, I slowly made my way back to the entrance of the village "Paya!" I looked behind seeing Link running towards me, I stopped the horse and got down we looked at each other not sure of what to say. "Link..why are you shirtless?" I chuckled he scratched the back of his head "just training and I got hot" we both laughed. I admired his figure and my cheeks tinted red, he moved closer holding me by the waist, I looked up at him he's lips parted "I want to kiss you" he whispered.  I looked around us people were staring I could hear "isn't that the guy who saved Hyrule?, Is that his girlfriend? I thought it would be Princesses Zelda, yes she would be better than her!" 

I looked back at Link he had an irritated expression on his face "Link!" we both looked towards the voice and Zelda walked through the crowd, Link quickly lets go of me.  Zelda wrapped her arm around  Links and looked me up an down "Paya the ball isn't today its next week?" "I know I just came to get some materials for my dress" I gave her a half smile " okay well Link and I will be going see you next week" Link gave me 'please forgive' look and went off with Zelda. 

I got on my horse and continued my journey if Zelda thinks she can take Link away from me she has another thing coming...