6

"Paya" I sat up in my bed rubbing my eyes "Yes" I yawned "there's someone called Leo at the door says he wants to speak with you" I quickly got ready and went downstairs 'what does he want?'

Opening the door, Leo smiles brightly "Morning Paya" he pulls out a bouquet of flowers. I took the flowers they were beautiful pink daisies "Thank you Leo" "What are you up to today?" I let him inside "The usual morning prayers" I put the flowers in a vase and added some water.
"May I accompany you" he held out his hand I placed mine in his "S-Sure" he lead me outside
'Why was he so interested in me?' The thought kept popping up in my head but I chose to ignore it.

-Time skip-
The past 4 days Leo came to my house every morning and spent the day with me. I thought it was sweet of him, I've also got to learn more about him he was thoughtful and kind.
We sat on the same hill the day we met he shifted closer I could feel his hand around my waist.
"L-Leo?" I looked up to him, his expression soft
"I've got something for you" he moves behind me taking something out his pocket. He lifts my hair up and I hold it up for him, a sliver chain slide across my neck revealing a sapphire jewel. "Paya I really like you" his breath tickled my neck "it's beautiful" I wasn't expecting any of this! before I could say anything his warm lips pressed against my neck trailing upwards, I closed my eyes, this was wrong but it felt nice when my eyes open his kisses stop and his body hovered over mine. "L-Leo -" his lips met mine but it wasn't the same, my heart didn't flutter... only Link had that effect on me..
I pushed him off "I'm sorry Leo" I stood up "your still thinking of that bastard Link!" he snatches the chain back.
I could see his anger raising I stepped back "sorry I don't know what came over me" he looks away, I stayed silent " It's best if I leave I didn't mean to lash out...sorry" he walks away.
———
Back in my room I couldn't sleep It wasn't because of Leo but the ball was tomorrow..
The next day came and I was a nervous wreck, I grabbed the box off my desk and went downstairs. "Paya another letter came from Princess Zelda" Impa handed it to me, I rolled my eyes.
"Dear Paya
I've sent a carriage to pick you up for the ball, by the time your reading this letter it should already be there, you must leave now.  You and I have a lot of things to do before the ball.
Zelda"
'What was she planing now?' I sighed opening the front door,  the carriage was there like she said "Grandmother I have to leave now Princess Zelda wants me to get there early" she nods giving me a hug.
Walking over to the carriage I see blond hair in the window which I recognise as Zelda but another head appeared.."Link?" I whispered 'what are they doing?' As I got closer the view become more clear 'Was she sitting on his lap?'