5

After a days journey I arrived back home, I handed Impa the fabrics and other materials she began sowing immediately.

I sat at my desk, tapping the cover of my diary.

With my other hand, I take my hair clips out allowing my hair to fall freely down my back.   My heart was still racing from seeing Link but also I was anxious about the ball.  "Zelda" I breathed out my eyebrows knotted in annoyance, the steady tapping at my diary became more frequent as her face popped up in my head.  She wasn't the Zelda that Impa described.  She wasn't the sweet and kind princess I expected..maybe I can sort things out at the ball? who was I kidding Zelda wasn't going to listen to anything I had to say.  I sighed what was I going to do?

I opened up the dairy, my pen gliding over the paper almost as fast as the thoughts popped up in my mind.

The next morning Impa was still working on the dress. "grandmother! rest please... the ball isn't till next week!" she wouldn't budge or listen to any of my attempts to stop her, I gave in and let her be.  I headed out to the goddess statue to pray, not long after my prayer I felt a presence next to me, I looked towards it and my brown orbs met with golden ones. 

He gave a sheepish grin and held out his hand, I jumped back a little startled. "sorry I didn't mean to scare you" he smiled making me relax a little bit. "My name is Leo" he held his hand out again.   I shook it, I wasn't sure what to say but admire his features, he had jet black hair that lazily fell over his eyes, his golden eyes had a glow to them that could trap anyone into a trance, I couldn't help but stare. 

His lips parted and without realising it he was mere inches away from me, my eyes widened but I didn't move "See something you like?" his voice was smooth as he whispered in my ear.  I pushed him back, I wanted to be annoyed but the rosy tint on my face said otherwise. 

He smirked ruffling his hair " I was traveling from Hyrule and needed a place to stay for a few days so I stopped in this village and I happened to see you" his fingers reached for my hair rubbing my strands between his thumb and index finger " Ha...

He smirked ruffling his hair " I was traveling from Hyrule and needed a place to stay for a few days so I stopped in this village and I happened to see you" his fingers reached for my hair rubbing my strands between his thumb and index finger " Have we met before?..  I'm sure I've seen this captivating silver hair somewhere " he looks deep in my eyes 

I was once again lost for words no one other than link had ever paid me any attention before "W-we haven't met my name is Paya" I looked away trying to hide my red face. "Paya..would it be okay if you occupied me today" he gave me a grin

"S-sure" I showed him around the village and introduced him to some of the locals.   After the tour, we sat on one of the hills overlooking the Village. "So peaceful.." I looked at him in the corner of my eye the wind blowing his hair "Paya were you in Hyrule 2 days ago?" I nodded "yes to get fabrics" "I see!" his eyes lit up "You were the beautiful silver-haired girl I saw taking to the Hero Link" as he spoke I thought back to the crowd of people who were watching and how they all thought Link was with Zelda. 

"You know him personally?"   "Y-yes we are um.." what would I call our relationship? "I'm his girlfriend.." Leo was wide-eyed in disbelief "His girlfriend??" he looked back at the village "So why is he in Hyrule and not with you?" he was right..he chose Zelda over me and even though he said he loves me deep down I know he has feelings for her. "It's complicated.." I stood up ready to leave, he grabs my hand "look I'm not trying to get into your relationship with him but..the last time I saw him with Princess Zelda they looked like a couple"I searched his eyes his gaze never wavered.  What if he's telling the truth? I pulled my hand away from his "why should I believe you, I barely even know you!"  his finger tucked my hair behind my ear "you don't have to believe me.. but ask yourself,  if he truly loved you why is he not standing here right now" his words hit me..tears trickled down my cheeks, what I dreaded the most was coming true he wiped them away raising my chin up to look at him. 

The sun was setting and the golden hues of the clouds matched his eyes "Paya don't cry over him, he made his choice" his words didn't help as a flood of tears flowed freely down my face. Leo embraced me and I buried my head into his chest " I should go" he let me go and walked me home. 

We stood at the steps of my house he watched me closely "whats wrong?" I asked him  "Nothing.. I just can't believe how any guy could make you cry" his thumb caressed my cheek, I backed away a little "I'm sorry" he looked towards the floor. "I should really be getting inside now..see you" he smiled as he watched me walk into my house.  

Entering the house I didn't see Impa in her usual spot and so I went upstairs seeing her resting in her bed but no sign of the dress. I opened my bedroom room door surprised to see a large box on my bed, walking over a notice a note 

'Dear Paya I hope you are as excited and happy about the dress as I was making it. I just know you will look beautiful in it, but don't open it until the day of the ball, love Impa'  The note brought a smile to my face and I placed the box on my desk.

I opened my dairy once again writing down the events that happened, I felt guilty for allowing Leo to get close to me as he did, can I even trust him?..