10

"You've got this Paya!" I rubbed my stomach looking in the mirror. The nine months had almost come to an end and I was nervous and scared for the birth.

I held onto the railing as I walked down the steps, once I reached the bottom I waddled over into the kitchen. There stood Impa cooking dinner as she has done since she found out I was pregnant.

"Paya dinner is ready" she carried the pot of soup over to the table.
She served me a bowl of soup "Paya...it's soon time" her eyes saddened
"I know" I whispered
We ate in silence for a while
"You should move ba-"
"No" my voice cold, "Grandmother I don't want to have this conversation again..." I placed my hand on my stomach. "Paya I know you don't want to hear this but it's best for you to move back, I can't be here and In kakariko village and you are going to need help with the baby"
"I'll have help...L-Link will be here by then" my eyes watered.
"Paya..." Impa sighed
"He will-"
"It's been almost 9 months Paya! You have to face reality...he's not coming back"
I stood up I didn't want to hear this...how could she say that!
"I'm going to sleep..." I had to walk away before I said something I might regret.

~~~~
I laid on my side looking at the empty space next to me. I smiled remembering the way Link would wrap his arms around me and kiss my forehead. I would bury my head into his neck as he brought me closer...I wanted to stay like that forever. 

Now I couldn't sleep. 

Who was going to wrap their arms around me and tell me how much they love me.

Who was going to protect me...

But I have to believe that he'll be back.

There's a voice In the back of head telling me that he's not.

"Paya" I looked over seeing Impa standing by the room door. She was looking at the floor "Y-Yes?"
Another figure emerged behind her and stepped forward...
"Zelda?" Once the moonlight shone over her I noticed that her dress was ripped and dirty.
She looked over at me her eyes widened "Your pregnant" she whispered as she knelt down at the bed.

Something wasn't right

"If your here...where is he?" The words barely leaving my lips, Zelda lowers her head, I looked over at Impa who still avoided eye contact.

"He's..." Zelda held my hand her tears landing on it. I snatched my hand back "No No- what happened!!" My breathing quickened as my chest tightened this couldn't be happening.

"Link saved me but, he was badly injured....there was so much blood-"
*slap*
My hand connected to her face
"This is because of you! are you happy now? He l-left t-to save y-you and-d n-now he-" my voice cracked as I broke down crying.
My worst fear came true and I felt as if part of my soul had left.
"I-I'm sorry it's my fault, I left the castle b-because I didn't want to be there if he w-wasn't, I thought if I left, I could get his attention but....I got captured and as always he was there to save me -"
"Where is his body?" I asked 
"Shrine of resurrection" Zelda stood up and bowed 
"I'm deeply sorry Paya"
"Will he wake up? He has before -"
"He could but who knows when?" Impa interjected
My mind raced, the last time was 100 years!
Another 100 I won't be here.
Our baby won't be able to see their father.
I won't be able to share the memories of our baby growing up with Link...
My heart broke into more pieces knowing I wouldn't even able to grow old together with Link.

A sharp pain jolted through my stomach "argg I think- ahhh" the pain came again, I looked down at my legs noticing a wet patch on the bed.
"The- baby" I breathed out
"Get some cloth from the kitchen and a bucket of warm water now!" Impa orders Zelda she ran out of the room.
"Okay Paya breath with me" Impa took in deep breaths and let them out slowly I followed her.
~~~~
I looked down at bright blue eyes as my little bundle of joy clung onto my finger.
I'm mummy and- " I stopped remembering Link wasn't here I could help but tear up again.
"You look just like him" I whipped my tears away
"Beautiful baby boy" Impa smiled touching his blonde hair

"Your name is Link, the same name as your father I have so many stories to tell you about him" I kissed his cheek. He yawned in response I giggled at his reaction.
"He will be very proud to have such an honorable name" Zelda smiled
"May I give him a name?" Impa asks "Sure"
"Aramin  will be your Sheikah name"
I held him closer
"I'll always protect you..."