Chapter 3: Rose Cruce Order

"Oh, it is a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Edmund Jaeger!" Tamie courteously smiled and shook the boy's hand he had stretched out. She also caught a glimpse of his golden-chained Libra amulet. No way, this guy's a Libra too?! She got astonished - a Libra and he had managed to become an Overlord of such a powerful order? Hopes kindled in her heart: If this Libra accomplished such great things, maybe I too can indeed achieve my dream...

"Well, we shall hold your Joining Ceremony later today, and meanwhile, you can take your time to get to know the rules of this order and also, choose a Class you're going to pursue," Edmund gave her a polite smile back, as it was a custom for all the Libra. Then he looked at Nick and gained a serious expression again: "Lord Nick, I think you remember we've got a council in a few hours".

"I don't forget anything, Ed," Nick answered, and then smiled at Tamie: "Well, I guess I'll leave you for now. I think you can take care of things here on your own, right? If anything, our receptionist, Erisa, can help you," he pointed on the fair white-haired lady cleaning the counter there nearby. Once she heard her name, Erisa raised her head and curiously and smilingly gazed at the three people with her big blue eyes. "Erisa, you can help my little sister with the beginner guide, right?" Nick smiled at her.

 "Erisa, you can help my little sister with the beginner guide, right?" Nick smiled at her

"Sure, Lord Nick, I would be glad!"

"Okay. I'll leave you to it, then". 

Nick followed Edmund up to the second floor. When they were gone, Tamie heard Erisa's voice:

"Hello, I'm Erisa Glendale".

"Tamie Wingfield. It's a pleasure to meet you!" Tamie smiled back and shook her hand.

"Same here! Well, what are your sign and spirit?" the maid opened up a notebook, apparently to write Tamie's data in.

"I am a Libra, born on October 6. As for the spirit - I'm in the year of a Tiger, so I guess a Tiger should awaken, right?"

"Correct. Okay then, so Tamie Wingfield - a Libra of a Tiger spirit. Hmm, quite an unusual combination... I'm not sure which Class would be better for you_"

Suddenly, they heard a loud scream of excitement, and when surprised Tamie glanced back, her eyes widened in fright - a short redhead girl dressed in a tiger costume was running towards her at an immense speed, accompanied by an energetic white dog and two cats!

"A Tiger spirit! Another Tiger spirit! Awesome!!!" she yelled and dashed at Tamie, squeezing her in her arms.

"Ah! I... can't breathe..." Tamie gasped for air.

"Whoops, sorry," the tiger-costumed girl blushed and let go of her. "I just love Tigers so much!"

"Ah... N... Nice..." Tamie awkwardly grinned, scratching the back of her head. "So, you're a Tiger spirit too?"

"No, she's a cow," they heard a sarcastic boyish voice. 

"It is called an Ox," the redhead gnashed teeth, clenching her fists in rage.

"Ah, sorry, I thought as 'Bulls' are for boys, for girls like you it should be 'Cows'," the same voice of the black-haired arrogant guy was repeated. Tamie furrowed her brows when spotted him sitting at the counter on a chair next to them.

"I said it is an Ox!" the girl yelled now, and looked down at her white dog: "Blizzard, get him!"

But the dog just barked playfully and wagged his tail. At this, the arrogant boy burst out laughing, holding his stomach:

"Haha! He doesn't even listen to you! Your pets are just as dumb as their owner, Tiger!"

Tiger, the redhead girl, flared up again, yelled, and punched him in the face. The boy shrilled in pain and fell off his chair, banging right onto the floor. Now the whole crowd roared with laughs: 

"She got ya, Rick?"

"What a weakling, brought down by a girl!"

Rick flushed up with embarrassment, sneered, and sprang up on his feet again.

"You will get it now, you cow lass..." he prepared hand signs to call his powers out.

Tiger didn't back down but instead puckered and prepared her fists as well, ready to accept his challenge. Meanwhile, both Tamie and Erisa got worried - a fight was to break out, and here, near them, of all places?!

"Guys, please calm down..." Erisa got worked up - if a fight broke out now, they would seriously damage the surroundings, and she would be blamed as it was near her counter!

But the pumped up children didn't seem to be willing to give up now. They were ready and mobilized, waiting for each other to make the first move.

"Take this, you cow!" Rick yelled and swung his water fist at Tiger, but suddenly a fire rope grabbed his arm, burning it slightly. He roared in pain and the water around his fist vaporized. He sneered and looked aside, spotting an average-sized short-haired serious-faced girl before him. "Riza..."

"No fighting inside the Order building

"No fighting inside the Order building. Jaeger's policy. Or you want to get found out by the Magister, Rick?"

"Ugh, you rat will never be stronger than me, a snake..." Rick muttered, rubbing his burnt arm.

"Well, you can test it out, if you ever make it to the second floor of Zodiac Grandmasters," Riza chuckled sarcastically.

"Haha, she beat ya there!" some boys roared with laughs again.

Rick gnashed his teeth and turned around, leaving the place.

"You okay, sis?" Riza turned to Tiger.

"I'm fine..." Tiger sniffed. Then she called out her three pets and left the hall, walking down into the basement.

Riza sighed and followed her. The crowd finally stopped watching them and got back to their business - drinking and chatting. Tamie astonishedly watched all the events, and then turned back to Erisa:

"Is it always like this in here?"

"Mostly..." Erisa rolled eyes, "I'm glad Riza cut into the conflict, or else there would've been a disaster..." then she smiled and swung her hand: "Forget about that. So, which Class do you want to join?"

She put a paper before her, where there were written the names of all six Classes - the Battler, the Defender, the Keeper, the Sneaker, the Tamer, and the Artist.

So many to choose from... Tamie thought. And once I make a choice, there shall be no way back...

Her grand adventures were about to start, from that very moment when she put her finger first on the Artist Class, and then its sub-branch, the Writer Class. Her name was written down.

"Congratulations, Tamie Wingfield, you are now a member of the Rose Cruce Order!" Erisa announced to her.

And her path towards the glory began...