Chapter 94: The Ritual of the Moon Dragon

The Moon Temple ruins were situated on the top of the highest mountain in Northern New Land. Legends told that when the light of the full moon fell on the inner 'core' (a white sphere statue) of the highest floor of the building, one could hear the far-off cry of the Moon Dragon - the Lament of Getsuryuu.

Enya and the Rose Cruce members went to that place at midnight to test the truth of the legend... or more like, prove it, for Goldmund had already tested it and knew it was true. Enya spoke as they were flying towards the Moon Temple sitting on dragon Fireball's back:

"Once we get there, we'll need to perform a special ritual dance to make the Temple Core appear".

"Huh? How are we going to perform that dance? We don't even know what kind of dance it should be!" Tamie was confused.

"Oh? But you've got a Moon Tribe representative there, haven't you?" Enya pointed on Erisa.

"Ah, I don't really remember about my life in New Land..." Erisa blushed, "It was long ago".

"It is fine, Erisa," Goldmund cut in, "You'll pull it off".

Erisa was puzzled - how could she pull it off if she didn't remember anything about it? However, before Goldmund could answer, they heard Fireball's telepathic message in their heads:

"There we are!"

They all gazed forward, to spot a large pyramid temple in the moonlight.

"Yes, this is it," Enya attested.

The friends descended on the top of the temple and got off the dragon's back. Fireball retook his human form and they all entered the building. The hall was blue inside, with a marble floor. The walls were adorned with shells. There were many strange paintings and pictograms on the walls, apparently belonging to the ancient culture of the Moon Tribe.

"Well, what now?" Kokuyo asked.

"Erisa, come".

Erisa blinked at Edmund's proffered hand. She cast a hesitant glance at Goldmund as if asking what to do. When Goldmund gave his nod, Erisa walked up to the Magister as demanded. Nick too approached them. He and Edmund took each of Erisa's hands, and then each other's ones, forming a circle together.

"Now, let's close our eyes and perform one of the incantations of the Sage rank Keeper Class. It shall allow all the three of us to look into your memories, Erisa," Edmund smiled, "You will be able to recollect what type of dance to perform".

"And since I've trained you to pick up Dancer Mimics, you will be able to perform the dance you remember," Goldmund added.

"So, you taught me about the Dancer sub-branch of Artist Class for that purpose?"

"To be honest, I didn't really want to set foot on New Land ever again, and I didn't want to get you into this mess either, Erisa. I taught you about Dancer sub-class only because it was your heritage as a Moon Tribe member and a princess. Dancer sub-class originated from the Moon and the Sun Tribes".

"Oh," Erisa blushed, "Thank you, Goldie!"

The three Sages closed their eyes and began casting incantations:

"Libra Style, Keeper Art, Sage Mode, White Zen - Memory Archive!" Edmund cried.

"Cancer Style, Keeper Art, Sage Mode, Blue Zen - Memory Archive!" Nick shouted after him.

"Gemini Style, Keeper Art, Sage Mode, Light Gray Zen - Memory Archive!" Erisa followed the boys' pattern. 

They all glowed with their respective Zen powers - White, Blue, and Light Gray ones - and dived into Erisa's memories. The other friends watched them with amazement - to imagine that one could retrieve their most forgotten memories of the deep past...

Soon, the Sages' glow diminished, and then completely vanished. They all reopened their eyes. Erisa grinned with joy:

"I shall do it!"

"Hmm, what an amazing ability you Keepers have!" Scott stroked his stubble, "It would come in handy for me too".

"Yeah, you always tend to forget things," Fireball chuckled.

"Hey!"

Tiger burst out laughing at Fireball's joke - he had roasted Scott pretty well.

"Gemini Style, Keeper Art, Sage Mode - Dancer Mimics!" 

Erisa began swirling around the center of the hall, making ancient ritualistic moves. Scott was dazzled by her brilliance:

"She is pretty good at it, huh?"

"Well, she is the Moon Tribe Princess," Goldmund's cheeks flushed.

"Aww, someone's in love!"

Goldmund faintly chuckled at Edmund's vain attempt to tease him. Erisa continued dancing in the tender breeze of the night as if a soft white feather. Then she stopped, took a deep breath, and reopened eyes.

"Huh? That was all?" Tamie looked around, "Nothing's happening".

Just as she said it, they heard a loud buzz. The floor in the center of the hall cracked open and formed a hole. Out of there, a giant white sphere emerged on a pedestal. Enya and Goldmund instantly recognized it, as well as Erisa, Nick, and Edmund, who had looked into Erisa's deep memories:

"The Core of the Temple!"

"Nice," Enya smiled, "Now the light of the full moon will fall on it, and our prey shall come".

"Good. Be prepared, Tiger," Scott turned to his daughter, "It is time for you to acquire your own dragon".

"Huh? You're planning to capture Lord Getsuryuu?!" Fireball was shocked.

"Of course! How else can Tiger call herself a Tamer?"

"I shall absolutely do it, Scott! I'm ready".

Tiger clenched her fists with pride - she would totally become a Dragon Tamer like her father, it was in her blood! Before Fireball would argue, they noticed the moonlight penetrate through the ruined ceiling of the temple. It fell on the white sphere they had made emerge by Erisa's dance.

"There, the moonlight has reached it!" Tamie cried out.

"Hmm, so far it's nothing," Kokuyo shrugged. "Maybe the last time you fought him, Goldmund, you made him leave for good?"

"I don't know. Normally, it should've worked. That is the only way to find him".

"No way! So, we failed?"

"Oh, Tamie..." 

Nina wanted to console her child when a tremendous roar of the dark nights reached their ears.