Chapter 33: Teamwork Begins

In the mansion of the Braun, two elderly people - a man and a woman - were sitting on a sofa and talking to each other, remembering their old days, when a blast came into a wall and Jan and Erik appeared. The old man gasped upon seeing Erik. He sprang up and covered his wife.

"Sandy, get back!" he told her. He took a battle pose and glared at Erik. "How come you freed yourself, fiend?!"

"Oh, I'm not free... yet!" Erik glanced at his brother. "Jan, do it!"

Jan grinned. He was going to dash at the stupefied old man when an air blow came from above and pushed him back.

"Huh?" Erik and Jan looked up. 

Tamie, Riza, Tiger, Rianna, Cherrie, and Jannah had arrived. They covered the elderly couple.

"Get back, you monsters!" Tamie yelled. She was the one who had blown the air shot. 

Both of the boys widened their eyes. They chuckled and crossed their arms.

"Who do we have here? A newbie who thinks she's tough?" Erik grinned.

"I'll make you regret you interfered with our plans!" Jan snarled. He was going to move forward when Erik stopped him. "Huh?"

"No need, Jan! I can deal with them all myself. You take care of Lord Georg_"

"Don't you dare touch my grandpa?!" Tiger shouted: "Virgo Style, Tamer Art, Animal Mode - Fusion!" 

All of her three pets - Blizzard, Astra, and Christo - vanished. They turned into their respective energy elements - Fire for Blizzard and Earth for the cats - and fused into Tiger's body. Her eyes glowed green with her Zen power. Tiger didn't count it as enough and added an incantation: 

"Ox Spirit, Ring Five - Green Nature Ox!" 

A giant green female Ox spirit covered her whole body. Tiger got locked into its core. She ran towards Erik at full speed, making the floor shake.

"Girls, attack!" Rianna yelled. "Cancer Style, Defender Art, Medic Mode; Boar Spirit, Ring Ten - Shell Demon Boar!" An enormous blue female Boar spirit embraced her. She too charged in the fight.

"Leo Style, Battler Art, Queen Mode! Tiger Spirit, Ring Eleven - Red Fire Tiger!" A large Red Tiger spirit roared, with Cherrie in its core.

"Sagittarius Style, Singer Art, Enchantress Mode!" Riza took up. "Mouse Spirit, Ring Twelve - Orange Demon Mouse!" A big Orange Mouse spirit embraced her.

Jannah, the leader of the group, wove signs and cried:

"Pisces Style, Sneaker Art, Ninja Mode; Snake Spirit, Ring Twelve - Ocean Water Snake!" A giant, light-blue-to-green Water Snake with fins and poisonous fangs embraced her body.

"Woah, so many spirits! Alright, if you want to utilize spirits, so be it!" Erik wove signs. "Leo Style, Battler Art, Emperor Mode; Dragon Spirit, Ring Twelve - Red Fire Dragon!" A wrathful Red Dragon spirit emerged, breathing fire. Erik laughed from inside its core. "Now, then, how can you beat my Dragon when you've got no Dragons on your side, you pitiful brats?!"

Jannah frowned. The girls were about to strike notwithstanding their lower powers when they heard Tamie's laugh.

"Huh? What are you laughing at?! You don't even have a spirit unlocked!" Erik burst out laughing.

"Who needs a Tiger spirit of mine to beat the likes of you?" Tamie yelled: "Libra Style, Writer Art, Expert Mode, White Zen - Summoning!" 

She grabbed her scroll and put down a single word. 

"Ronna!" she cried.

She made a two-finger hand sign. The girls blinked and Erik raised an eyebrow. 

Soon, they all realised what Tamie meant when she said she needed no Tiger spirit to beat a Dragon. After she made the summoning spell, the scroll glowed white. A giant green dragon with bloody wings, sharp horns, fangs, and cogs, flew out.