Chapter 77: Byakuya's Death

"No, Uncle!" Edmund yelled in horror as he saw his dearest uncle, who was like a kind father to him - Goatee - had fallen, to the hands of that gruesome man. He sneered at Gustav, whose face portrayed an arrogant and satisfied smile: "You... freak!"

Rick's powerful poison blast approached him, so he had to dodge the shot. Rick cackled:

"I'd advise you to focus on your own battle, Edmund!"

The young Magister snarled and charged at him. Gustav, as he had disposed of his opponent, looked at his target, Edmund, again, and faintly smiled:

"Now to take care of our own business..." he proceeded on with his Purple Snake spirit, but a powerful Red Dragon spirit blocked his way, with the familiar Sun Celestial Lord in its core. Gustav widened eyes, but then calmly chuckled: "I would never imagine meeting you here, Byakuya von Drachen. I thought my damn father and his Bearer friends had sealed you right after your precious cousin, fourteen years ago..."

"That is none of your concern. Don't think just because you dislike your father Wilhelm Jaeger I will have pity on you. I detest all of Wilhelm's off-springs, as well as the whole Zodiac Council. I shall dispose of them in a short while. But before that, I shall obliterate that one pest who is also Wilhelm's off-spring!" Byakuya's gruesome Red Dragon spirit opened its mouth, gathering celestial fire in it.

 But before that, I shall obliterate that one pest who is also Wilhelm's off-spring!" Byakuya's gruesome Red Dragon spirit opened its mouth, gathering celestial fire in it

"So you too have your own vile plans, eh? But I'll gladly show you what we Scorpios are capable of!" the Purple Snake spirit of Gustav hissed and dashed at the Red Dragon.

A bloody battle began between the Snake and the Dragon spirits. The Dragon was unleashed at full force - the Emperor Mode of Byakuya - and threw fire and light rays at the Snake, which swiftly dodged the blasts and instead used purple poison shots against its opponent. 

Meanwhile, the others fought fiercely too - Nick's and Yolanda's Shell and Boulder Oxen dashed at each other and their Ultimate Defense Horns collided at full force, letting the first one's shells and the second one's pebbles crack and break, new ones straightly forming on their bodies. 

"Ugh, fall already!" Yolanda was getting more and more agitated, furiously hitting and bumping her spirit's horns at Nick's one, but the boy remained calm and collected, his Shell Ox spirit adroitly dodging the shots and getting ready for the final hit which he would land in a short while when he had more or less disposed of Yolanda's Guardian Mode ultimate defences.

The 'sisters' had unleashed full powers too - Rianna's Shell Boar spirit of Cancer Style roared like a raged beast, throwing its enemies around with its sharp shell-protected fangs. Cherrie's Leo Style Red Fire Tiger had gone all out too, gruesomely growling and using its Battler Art against the enemies. Olivia had unleashed multiple paintings and assisted them with her Water Pegasus spirit. Jannah swiftly moved with her Blue-to-Green Water Snake and used Ocean power against multiple enemies at once, just like any powerful Pisces Ninja would do. As for Tamie, she had unleashed her White Air Tiger at Ring Five (the maximal ring she possessed for now) and yelled with rage, swinging paws against the Ring Twelve spirit of Nine-tailed Fox of Julia, and tried to bite her with the Tiger's fangs, while the Fox fast evaded her hits and swung all of its nine tails to hit her hard with her Lava form of the Fire she possessed as a Sagittarius.