Chapter 100: Confronting the Zodiac Council

While Tiger and Tamie stayed behind to show their might to Tiger's grandparents, the other friends - Riza, Edmund, Nick, Kokuyo, Goldmund, and Erisa - ran forward through the corridors. 

"We got by easily back there, but we can assume there are many other Council members waiting up ahead. This time, they won't be our relatives..." Kokuyo said.

"Hmph! We'll just smash them all until we get to Marvin Wagner. Then, I'll shoot him with my Judgment Blast yet once again - this time, to take him out for good," Edmund said.

Kokuyo was right - very soon, they heard a vile cackle from the darkened corridors up ahead. They stopped:

"Who's there?"

"Intruders like you have no right to ask questions here!" a tall brown-eyed woman with a long red braid walked forward, dressed in a rich tunic. "I am Scarlett Rose - one of the Council members".

 "I am Scarlett Rose - one of the Council members"

Goldmund snarled:

"Scarlett Rose..."

"Oh, who do I see?" Scarlett chuckled once caught a glimpse of Goldmund and Edmund, "I didn't really think I'd stumble upon the Rose Cruce members, ever since your former overlord disposed of me!"

"My grandfather banished you and the Rose Clan for a reason," Edmund adjusted his glasses, "You wanted to get rid of the Jaeger Clan and take the whole leadership for yourselves. We, the Jaeger Clan, and you, the Rose Clan, had always operated together since our joint efforts of founding the Order centuries ago. You broke our sacred brotherhood treaty. The leader of that entire Rose Clan conspiracy was you, Scarlett Rose".

"Huh? You know her?" Riza got surprised.

"She belongs to the Rose Clan - the one that founded the Rose Cruce Order together with the Jaeger centuries ago," Goldmund explained. "Scarlett Rose conspired with the other Rose Clan members. They wished to overthrow Edmund's grandfather - our former leader, Magister Wilhelm Jaeger. As a punishment, Wilhelm banished the entire Rose Clan and the Order fell completely in the Jaeger Clan's hands. They broke the sacred treaty with us".

"Hmph, 'us'?! You're nothing but a mere peasant Steinbock!" Scarlett Rose retorted. "Or you think just because your auntie was wedded to Lord Jaeger that gives you the right to speak with the Jaegers' name?"

"Goldmund is like a brother to me, so yes, he has the right to speak with our name," Edmund gathered the White Zen energy around his fists. "You'd better think about your own position. A nobleman who is an outcast is noble no more but rather trash who shows off colourless feathers".

"Aww, a cocky brat, aren't you? Bring it on!"

Goldmund raised a hand in front of Edmund and stopped him. He flared up with the Black Zen:

"Let me fight her, Magister. I want to show her that she made a terrible mistake when turned down my father's proposal only because he was a 'peasant'".