HI-SCORE

Litwik's arcade, 1981:

Turbo's POV:
From the moment I was plugged in, I wanted to be the best racer that ever lived! And well.. I am! Of course I am! After all, the highest score on Turbo-Time is from someone playing with me. That's how Turbotastic I am! My fellow racers may loathe me, but eh, they're just jealous of my greatness! I ALWAYS get first place and rub that shiny, gold trophy right in their faces! Now, even though I may be the best of the best, I must admit that it would be a bit more challenging to be the best without the guidance of a truly turbotastic gamer such as (y/n). Every day, she'd come in at the same time and make sure she was at the top of the scoreboard. If she wasn't, believe me. That would change! She might be as determined as I am, but that's saying a lot! Still though, she's motivated and I like that.. On the other hand.. She's a human.. Same age as me... But.. It's against the rules to reveal yourself to a human. It's always "Stay within your programming or else you'll get unplugged" blah blah blah. Tch, I don't believe it. Not even for a second! After all, you'd HAVE to be crazy to unplug a game as good as mine. Get rid of me? Ha! Funny! I'm the most popular game here! *He thought to himself. The door opened, sure enough.. It was that teenage, human girl, a handful of quarters as usual.* Perfect timing as usual! *he got into his programmed animation of him racing across the screen, holding up a thumb and yelling out "Turbo-tastic!"* I watched as she approached my machine.. With... A boy?? Now who is this joker?! *I thought to myself*

(Y/n): Hey Dani.. You wanna play Turbo-time with me? It's my favorite!

Dani: Heh, sure.. Of course you know I'll beat you, it's a common fact that girls suck at video games!

(Y/n): You wanna bet?! *she slammed her hand onto my screen when the Hi-scores showed up and pointed to the very first one* You see that?? That's MY score! I worked hard for it, so if anybody will lose today. It'll be you!

**I got a bit startled when she did that. Heh, go ahead (y/n)... Show him what you got!

(Y/n): Heheh.. *she puts her quarters in and chooses me, Turbo, as usual* Go ahead loser, quarter up and choose your character already!

Dani: Heh, alright. Though I doubt I'd be beaten by a girl! *he puts a quarter in and chooses one of the 2 blue racers.*

*(Y/n) was racing first. Time to be turbo-tastic!*

*the race starts, as usual, (y/n) went super fast, as fast as the game could handle. She ended up with a time of only 1 minute. Impressive!*

(Y/n): Ha! Beat that! *she grinned, proud of herself*

Dani: Psh, easy cheesy.. *He started his race as one of the twins and immediately crashed.* ......

(Y/n): HAHAHAHAHA!! I told you you couldn't beat me! I'm turbo-tastic! *she held her thumb up and grinned*

**Heh, I wonder how much she uses my line on a daily basis.. I raced by on the screen, smiling at her, I held my thumb up "Turbo-tastic!"

(Y/n): *giggles* I love when he does that!

**and with that, they moved on to the next console*