01

FELIX POV

I sighed in content as I ran the cold silver blade across my warm skin. One cut. Then another. Then another. It went on until I had about six or seven cuts decorating my left wrist. The cuts weren't the cliché horizontal cuts, but I'd rather cut them in a tally mark order. I leaned back against my headboard and closed my eyes.

My eyes jolted open at the sound of my mom knocking on my bedroom door.

"Felix sweetie, time for dinner." She chimed from the opposite side of the door.

"Coming." I muttered. I walked over to my closet to look for a sweatshirt with sleeves long enough to cover the cuts. I didn't even bother to bandage the cuts and I threw on a black hoodie. I winced when the fabric brushed against the open wound but the pain is supposed to feel good.

I wasn't really in the mood for food but I knew my mom would skin me alive and honestly I wouldn't care but for the sake of the "perfect family" image I had to abide.

"Felix sweetheart, have you met the new neighbour boy? He seems like a good kid." My mother spoke. I hated how she would act all kind and nice to me when my father was present, but when he's away on business trips, she would abuse me to the point where I started to abuse myself.

———

After dinner my mother ushered me over to the neighbours house and stood with me as she rang the doorbell. I personally didn't want them to answer the door so I can avoid any type of human interaction but the odds weren't in my favour today I see.

A woman opened the door with a light smile on her face.

"Ah, you must be Felix." She sent me a soft smile and I almost returned it until I realized that I didn't want to be here. "Must be shy, it's okay we all have those days. Would you like to meet my son? He's around your age maybe a year older? His room is upstairs at the end of the hall."

My mother pushed me inside the home rather harshly but it went unnoticed by the woman.

"Go along Felix, the mothers are going to have a little talk."

I nodded and walked to the room at the end of the hall. The door had a sign that read "slippery when wet" I shook my head seeing as though that was the dumbest door decor I've ever seen. I remembered why I was here and knocked on the door. There was a bit of shuffling before the door swung open revealing a boy around my height with metallic grey hair. He had on a pair of black shorts and was shirtless.

"Yah, put a shirt on." I muttered my voice showing no emotion as I pushed past him and sat on his bed.

"H-hey! This is my house, I can do whatever the fuck I want to!" He shut his door behind him as he stormed over to the bed. "What the hell is your problem?"

"You're the one who had an attitude first." He reached over and pulled me up by my hood and stared into my eyes. His eyes were so full of happiness, unlike my own. "I gotta go." I stood up and walked to the door before he grabbed my wrist. Although it wasn't a harsh grab, I could still feel the fabric brushing against the wounds. I winced in pain but tried not to show it in front of the stranger.

"Are you hurt? May I look?" He asked questionably staring at my clothed wrist.

I yanked my arm away.

"What's your name?" His gaze never wandered from my wrist.

"Fuck off." I went downstairs and told my mother that I'm going home since she was still chatting with the boys mom.

I entered my house and found my way to my bedroom. I flopped down on the bed and let the blankets engulf me.

"That kid was weird."

Eventually I dosed off with the silver haired kid on my mind.

"Maybe living can't be that bad."

——————

OOOOOOH HELLO THERE DIDNT SEE YOU I HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER LMAO I SUCC AT WRITING
THATS ALL BYEEEE