chapter six

Zach and Gray had met up with Alison after the Mosasaurus show, praising her on how cool it was. Zach had also slipped in a compliment at how he'd been more focused on the trainer the whole time, rather than the dinosaur. This made Alison's cheeks flush red and she stumbled on her words to try and organize her thoughts.

"Th-thanks, guys. So, uh, where should we-I mean there's more to see. Where do you wanna go. Gray? Any requests?" Alison turned to the younger boy as Zach tried to contain his laughter.

"I don't know. What's here?" Gray's eyebrows were furrowed in confusion as to why his brother was laughing, and why Alison seemed so flustered.

"Well, it's a theme park after all. How about you just follow me." Alison cleared her throat and shot a glance at Zach before spinning around and quickly deciding where she wanted to lead the boys.

Alison really wanted to take Gray out in a Gyrosphere, so he could see some dinosaurs up close and personal. She led the siblings over to the monorail station, where the three of them would get on one of the monorails and head out to the valley.

Gray and Zach sat beside each other, while Alison sat by herself across the aisle from them. She felt exhausted from running around all day and decided to close her eyes for a moment, listening to the rumble of the monorail gliding along it's tracks, and other passengers talking quietly with whoever they were with.

The high voice of Gray caught Alison's ears, her eyes opening as she looked over at the boy. He was asking Zach if their parents were getting a divorce. The topic and question seemed to catch Zach off guard as he hesitated to answer.

"What? Why would you say that?" Zach asked, looking up at Alison. The teenagers had matching expressions of confusion as the younger boy randomly blurted out a question about a discussion so serious.

"Because they are." Gray replied, leaning his head back against the seat.

"No, they're not getting...they're not getting divorced." Zach told his brother before glancing back up at Alison. She turned in her seat, her legs now in the aisle.

"Gray, don't think about that right now. Everyone's parents fight sometimes. Yours will work through whatever is going on." Alison tried to reassure the boy,
reaching across Zach's lap to put her hand on top of Gray's knee.

Gray continued to talk about the subject, saying that his parents get mail from two different divorce lawyers. Alison could tell that it was hard on both boys to talk about this, Zach jusy hid it a lot better. However, as he'd been talking to Gray, his hand moved from his lap to down at his side where Alison grabbed it and gave him a reassuring squeeze that everything'd be okay.

Alison sat back in her seat as Gray looked out the window, no longer talking about his parents getting divorced. Alison's hand was still conjoined with Zach's in the middle of the aisle, and the boy looked down at them before smiling at Alison.

The monorail came to a halt, causing Alison to jump up in her seat. They were at the Gyrosphere dock, so the trio as well as many other passengers made their way off the monorail.

"You guys still have those VIP wrist bands Claire gave you?" Alison asked, turning to face the boys. They both nodded as they held up their wrists. "Good. Let's use them then." Alison unclipped part of the rope that formed the line, ushering Zach and Gray through before reclipping the rope. The trio walked past the entire line, up to where the Gyrospheres were and an employee that was letting people on them.

"We get the next three seater." Alison told the employee, who had the blankest expression the girl's ever seen on his face.

"Alright." He replied with a shrug, noticing that Alison worked at Jurassic World and didn't want to argue with her.

____________

Hey, long time no see. Thank you all for being so patient with me while I went on hiatus. I was gone longer than expected, but updates will start to be more often again.

 I was gone longer than expected, but updates will start to be more often again