chapter ten

Alison, Zach, and Gray had found themselves back in the jungle, shielded from the warm sun that had managed to almost completely dry their clothes. Alison's ponytail was damp against the back of her neck, and water droplets occasionally fell off her Jurassic World hat and onto her face.

     "We need to get back to the park. If we die out here, they may never find us." Gray stated, following close behind his older brother.

     "We're not gonna die." Zach reassured him, almost as if he forgot there was a hungry dinosaur loose in the jungle.

     "And even if we did, they'd find our bodies." Alison added. She was leading the boys through the jungle, and looked over her shoulder as she spoke.

     "Not helping, Ali." Zach mumbled while rolling his eyes. Alison stopped in her tracks, and turned around to face the boys.

     "What did you just call me?" She asked, knowing exactly what Zach had just said.

     "I called you Ali. Is that okay?" A small smirk had formed on Zach's face as he repeated the nickname.

     "I-um, yeah. That's fine. My sister calls me Ali." Alison replied before continuing to walk.

     "Well can I call you Ali?" Gray asked, oblivious to how special the nickname was to the girl. She liked it when Zach used the name, but didn't want everyone to start using it. Alison decided not to reply, and just kept on walking.

     "I think that's a no, Gray." Zach mumbled to his younger brother, a few chuckles slipping out.

     "It's not a no. Just be thankful I even let you call me it, Zachary."

     "Hey, hey, hey. No need to full-name me." Zach exclaimed to the girl, who couldn't help but laugh at his reaction.

     "What is that?" Gray changed the subject, running forward on the path. Alison looked back at Zach before rushing over to the younger boy as he picked up a white hard hat, that had a gaping hole in the top of it and was covered in blood and dirt.

     "Looks like your dinosaur's been through here. Stopped for a small snack." Zach said as he took the hard hat from Gray, and looked up at Alison.

     The girl chuckled shortly, her heart rate increasing as Gray stood in shock at the bite mark in the helmet. "She's not my dinosaur. This one belongs to your aunt."

     A noise could be heard in the distance, that caught the attention of the trio. Zach dropped the helmet and moved so he was in front of both Alison and Gray. In the distance was a crashed golf cart, sparks flickering out of the engine.

     "Stay here." Zach demanded, Gray grabbing onto his arm as he started walking away.

     "Yeah right, pretty boy." Alison mumbled as she followed after Zach, grabbing his forearm to get him to slow down. The boy slowed down so much he was nearly stopped, as he looked down at Alison's fingers on his skin.

     "Wait for me." Gray said behind them, rushing to catch up. The trio approached the golf cart, both Alison and Gray hanging onto Zach's arms. Alison could feel his veins and pulse under her finger tips, their hearts beating at the same rapid and nervous speed.

     Alison let go of Zach to walk around the golf cart, trying to figure out what happened. She wasn't sure if the driver had just crashed into a tree or if the damage had been inflicted by the Indominous Rex.

     "Wow." Zach breathed out, his voice being one of the only noises in the jungle.

     "What?" Gray asked. Alison looked at Zach, noticing that he was staring at something. She followed his sight line to see an old building, nearly covered by leaves and overgrown vines.

     Zach walked around the golf cart and passed Alison as he headed towards the building. He seemed to be in some sort of trance, brought on by curiousity.

     "Wait, Zach." Alison called after him. "Are you sure this is safe?" She asked before catching up to him, with Gray right behind her.

     "I'm not sure, but I really wanna go inside." Zach replied over his shoulder. There was stone steps leading up to two large doors, loud squeaks emitting from both of them as Zach and Gray pushed them open. The place was filled with overgrown plants and trees, and there was hardly a path that could be walked on. The roof made the building look like one giant bird cage.

     "Wait." Alison whispered as she grabbed onto Zach's arm again. The building was a lot more dark, and the girl had trouble seeing where she was going.

     "You okay?" Zach asked, looking over at her.

     "Yeah, um, I think so." Alison replied with a smile, as she slid her hand down Zach's arm and took his hand. Even in the dark, she could see the large grin that had formed on Zach's face as he connected their fingers together.

     "Your hand is sweaty." Zach whispered, his lips so close to Alison's ear that it made goosebumps form on her skin.

     "Makes sense, I'm pretty nervous." She replied, not really caring.

     "I'm just kidding. You're fine." Zach let out a laugh as he rubbed his thumb against the back of Alison's hand.

     "Are you guys coming?" Gray yelled, catching the attention of the teenagers. He had walked on without them, exploring the building by himself.

     "Come on, let's go." Zach let go of Alison's hand as he jogged over to his brother, leaving Alison with a large smile on her face and all her anxiety gone about even being in the jungle in the first place.

     Once Alison had caught up with the boys, she saw that Zach was holding something large, and obviously aged. It looked like a dinosaur bone. He was also brushing something off with his shoe, so Alison walked over and stood beside him to see what it was.

     "Jurassic Park." Alison mumbled. She'd recognize the old park's logo anywhere.

     "What?" Zach asked, not hearing her.

     "It's an old Jurassic Park sign. Claire's told me stories about how Jurassic World was built overtop of the old park, I just didn't think anything like this would still exist." Alison explained, staring at the ripped and dirty sign. She was standing with a piece of history, in a building that was used in the old park. Zach picked the sign up and shook all the dirt off of it, now able to see it better.

     "Still got those matches?" Zach gently set the sign down and turned to Gray, who dug a small box of matches out of his fanny pack.

     "Here you go." He said, handing his brother the box.

     Zach set the dinosaur bone down before opening the match box and taking one out. He struck the match against the side of the box, a small flame flickering to life and illuminating his face. "Let's go explore this place."

"