chapter thirteen

Owen, Claire, Alison, Zach, and Gray had left the main street of Jurassic World, and were making their way down a nearly empty back alley between two of the large, grey buildings. Claire was on the phone with someone, sounding confused and annoyed.

"What do you mean, use the Raptors?" Claire asked, causing Owen to stop in his tracks.

"Son of a bitch!" He exclaimed, knowing exactly what Claire was talking about. A nasty man by the name of Hoskins wanted to use Owen's Velociraptors to hunt down the Indominus, and try to kill the dinosaur. Owen didn't want to follow through with the plan out of fear that all his Raptors would end up dead, but it seemed that Hoskins didn't care about his wish.

"You shouldn't say bitch." Gray stated, getting a glare from Owen.

"Neither should you." Alison said to the boy, earning a quiet chuckle from Zach.

All of a sudden, two large wooden doors that opened into the back alley started rattling, causing the group of five to look over at it in a panic.

"Take the kids. Get them someplace safe." Owen said as he led them all over to a Mercedes Wagon that was nearby. Everyone got in, with Alison in between Zach and Gray in the back seat. Owen was quick to start the engine as the doors opened, hundreds of people flowing through them. Owen started driving backwards, while Zach yelled at him to drive faster.

"He's got it. He's going." Alison said to the boy, trying to pull him back into his seat so he wasn't yelling in Owen's ear. The man drove backwards into another small alleyway, out of the way from the swarm of screaming and running tourists.

"This does not feel safe." Zach pointed out, being the same boy who wanted to go off road in a Gyrosphere.

"Can we stay with you?" Gray asked, putting his hands on the back of Owen's seat. The man was breathing heavily, not believing the current situation he and the other four passengers were in.

"I'm never leaving you as long as you live." Claire replied.

"No, him!" Zach exclaimed, referring to Owen.

"Yeah, definitely him." Gray added on, feeling safe now that Owen was with him.

"I'll stay with you, Claire." Alison felt bad that both the boys took sides with the man they only just met, and knew that Claire was more than capable of protecting her.

"Thanks, Ali." Claire mumbled in response, looking in the rear view mirror at her best friend and nephews.

The car fell silent, with only the sound of the engine being heard. The crowd outside had also died down, giving Owen an opportunity to safely start driving.

"I've gotta go save my Raptors." The man said, mainly to himself, before turning out of the small alleyway and heading towards the paddock where the Raptors were.

Owen had a way of driving fast while still avoiding tourists that walked the streets. Alison felt like she was in a Grand Theft Auto video game, with the way Owen was driving as if he stole the car.

It didn't take long to arrive at the Raptor paddock, but long enough that the sun had started to set over Jurassic World. Alison looked past Zach and out of the window, admiring the orange and blue sky.

"Pretty, right?" Zach asked, admiring the girl beside him while she admired the sunset. Alison nodded in response, before her eyes quickly shifted to look at Zach. She smiled at him before looking away, and ignored Gray as he made fake throwing up noises.

Owen stopped the car with a jolt, and got out. He slammed the door so hard behind him that Alison was surprised the window hadn't shattered. Claire also got out, but was a lot more gentle.