chapter seven

A three seater Gyrosphere finally rolled up at the dock, stopping in front of the Alison, Zach, and Gray.

Gray didn't hesitate to climb into the mechanism, his dirty blonde hair brushing against the top of the Gyrosphere as he climbed over the control stick in the middle.

"Ladies first. Gray and I should sit on the outsides so we can, you know, protect you." Zach gestured his hands towards the opening of the Gyrosphere, waiting for Alison to get in.

Alison narrowed her eyes at him, her head tilted to one side in slight annoyance. "Get in." She told him. Zach put his hands up in surrender and climbed into the thing he had nicknamed the 'hamster ball' earlier.

As Alison followed him into the Gyrosphere, she couldn't help the smile that formed on her lips. Even though the boy assumed she needed to be protected, his brown eyes and gentleman mannerisms were enough to make her heart swoon. Zach looked over at Alison, smiling at her smile but not commenting on it.

The Gyrosphere started moving, going at a decent pace that wasn't too slow or fast. Zach was using the blue control stick to steer the ball along the designated path. All of a sudden, a short film starring Jimmy Fallon started playing on a small screen that was in the Gyrosphere.

"I've actually never seen this." Alison mumbled, tuning her attention to the film about Gyrospheres while occasionally looking up to see if any dinosaurs were in view. She wasn't too worried about missing anything though, because Gray would be thoroughly informing if any species was nearby.

"You've never been in one of these things?" Zach asked, looking at the girl who was leaning over slightly to get a better view of Jimmy Fallon shooting at a piece of glass with a 50-caliber gun. It was safe to say that Alison was in Zach's personal space without even realizing it, but he didn't mind.

     "Nope. I don't tend to spend my lunch break touring the valley." Alison replied, glancing at Zach. She finally noticed the minimal space between them, and leaned back in her seat.

     "What's the point of working at Jurassic World if you don't know the ins and outs of everything here?" Gray chimed in, leaning forward in his own seat so he could see Alison.

     The girl shrugged, her eyebrows knitting together as she thought about the question. It's true, she didn't know the ins and outs of every attraction, but she was experiencing something most people could only dream of, and that was working at Jurassic World.

     "This park isn't all about going on rides and looking at different dinosaurs. Someone's gotta take care of them, and I guess that someone's me." Alison finally answered, looking between the two boys as they both watched her, listening to her explanation.

     "Do you like your job?" Zach asked, genuinely curious as to what the brunette beside him had to say.

     "I do. I really do. Taking care of Mosy is...so surreal. I think even working at a gift shop here would be a blessing, but that interaction with a dinosaur is...I can't even put the feeling into words. It's crazy, and amazing." Alison smiled as she talked about the Mosasaurus, enjoying the chance to talk about and appreciate what she does with her time.

     Zach nodded as Alison spoke, absorbing every word. "That's really cool. Not many people enjoy their jobs that much." He stated, making Alison chuckle softly.

     "That's very true, Zach." She said, her laughter only growing. Zach and Alison's laughter filled the Gyrosphere while Gray looked out into the valley, wondering where the dinosaurs were. The small screen caught the attention of all three passengers as Jimmy Fallon was turned off, replaced with a warning message that the ride was now closed.

     "Come on, we can stay out a couple more minutes." Zach didn't want to head back to the dock yet, wanting to make sure his brother had the chance to see some dinosaurs on their tour.

     "But they said it was closed." Gray protested, not wanting to get in trouble by anyone of authority. And, a person of high authority's best friend was sitting in the Gyrosphere with him.

     "Yeah, it's probably closed for a good reason. We should go back." Alison added on, also not wanting to get in trouble from Claire if the woman ever found out they were on an attraction while it was closed.

     "Aunt Claire gave us special wristbands, right? We're VIP. Come on, it'll be fun." Zach held up his wrist, proving his point with the blue wristband he had.

     "If I get in trouble it's your fault." Alison mumbled, somewhat giving in to Zach's idea.

     "I'll take the blame for anything that happens." Zach replied, looking over at Alison with a smirk on his face.