Social Interaction Is for Fools

Judith and Shiloh laid around the house, either watching reruns of Friends or asking each other stupid impossible hypotheticals.

The smell of fresh cigarette smoke wafted in the air. Judith enjoyed the smell, it reminded her of good times and home. For her grandpa used to chain smoke cigars when he was alive. Before Judith developed her powers, he used to babysit her all the time.

Reminiscing definitely made her feel melancholic. Shiloh turned towards her and noticed the look on her tan face.

"Hey, Jude. I just made a Beatles joke are ya gonna freak on me?" Judith had a rather small period of her life when she was a massive beatlemaniac. Shiloh made fun of her for it. Eventually she moved out of that phase when she realised that they were never ever going to notice her, or make any music with each other. It just bummed her out.

Judith rolled her eyes and laughed under her breath.

"I, I just feel like we never do anything exciting or different. My entire life has been spent just EXISTING aimlessly and "safely" inside of that prison I call a home." Shiloh switched off the tv with a click of her remote and swiveled her body around away from the t.v. so that she could face Judith.

"Alright, what were you thinking Rapunzel?"

"How about we go down to a club? We've never been, and I think that it could finally be a chance for us to get, um, lovers.."

"LOVERS? What is this, the 1800's? I believe what you are trying to say is, boyfriends." Shiloh laughed as Judith blushed a brick red.

"Just trying to keep this party polite." Shiloh smiled a crooked amused grin and nodded in agreement.

"Alright, if you're really dead set on a party, my cousin is throwing one tomorrow. Just outside of the suburbs. Ill show ya." Judith smiled and clapped her hands together excitedly. Accidentally producing a small spark.

"Woah! Be careful there hot head." Shiloh cowered from the sudden spark of light. Judith sheepishly rubbed her hands on her shorts.

Her eyes glanced out of the large concave window to the right of Shiloh and noticed that the sky was turning a blood red hue.

"Hey, it's getting late, can you do me a solid and drop me off at my house? Auntie Laurie is going to kill me! Well, not exactly kill, more like politely scold until I feel slightly bad." Judith uncrossed her smooth legs as she rose up from the soft throw rug she was on.

"Ya got it man." Shiloh walked over to a small bar table and snatched her  car keys. The pair left the cool house and stepped into the humid air of the outside.

"I still don't think it's that good of an idea to go to a full blown party. You're absolute shit at socializing." Shiloh said, glancing at Judith, waiting for her reaction.

"I need to learn to get better at that if I'm ever gonna make it in the world. Or, so my aunt says." Judith sighed, not really thinking of the consequences of her decision.

What do you think will happen next? If you liked this chapter, please leave a like and comment.