Prologue

“Legend has it that if a human being under the age of twenty one, drinks from a paw print of a wolf, they themselves become a werewolf, a child of the moon. It says it must be a cloudless night letting the full moon shine its best for all to see. It says one sip and you feel drunk off of God knows what. But the legend also says it takes two weeks or so of vomiting up your own blood and eating raw meat before you painfully shift into a wolf.” One of my best friends, Nathaniel Grayson, said all mysterious like.

        I snorted.

        “That sounds like a load of bs.” I laughed, his twin sister, Naomi, joined in with her own set of laughter.

        Nathaniel gave us both the finger.

        “Screw you, Blake.” He grumbled but I caught a glimpse of his mint green eyes doing a full body scan.

        “Oh face it, Nathan; you’d love to screw her.” Naomi laughed winking at me which made me giggle at the meaning behind it all.

        “Oh shut up you, bitches.” He snapped but I could tell that he wasn’t being serious because he was grinning wildly at me.

        “Damn you.” I mumbled to him.

        “Sexy.”

        “Fat pig.” I shot at him with one of my best smiled.

        He looked down at himself then at me whining. “I’m not a fat fucking pig; I’ve got a damn fucking six pack.” And before I could protest he was pulling off his shirt to revile his mouth watering muscular body. “See!”

        Naomi and I glared at his body. I fanned myself as I faked a drool. Wow he was really gunna love getting his ego built up like this.

        “I say it looks more like a four pack.” Naomi said jokingly. “Maybe.”

“Oh yeah, you’re so right, Naomi.” I giggled.

Nathaniel growled pulling his shirt on over his head covering those delicious six pack’s of his. I licked my lips playfully knowing that if he saw me do this, it was gunna drive him toward the edge of insanity and that was right about….now!

“Aw cheer up sexy.” I whispered when I saw him fidget in his seat. I then draped myself in his arms as he sat on the couch. “Oh hey we should all go to a club tonight. I wanna go wild and have fun.”

Naomi gave out a small cheer as Nathaniel wrapped an arm around me grinning. The look in those eyes of his…they could just melt you from the inside out. I grinned back at him knowing tonight was gunna be a fun night.

§§§

It smelled strongly of body odor. The mixed sent of sweat and perfumes’ filled the hot club air as the three of us entered the building filled with lively people dancing all around. Nathaniel’s arm was around my shoulder claiming me as his for the night but damn, guys will be flooding toward me within the next hour or so. And I should know because I was wearing an extremely tight mini black dress, and it was the kind of mini dress that hung down half way to my knees. Anyway other than that my small figure with wavy long jet black hair helped too.

The three of us walked through the club laughing with one another. For a while I had myself pressed into Nathaniel’s side. You see we’re not a couple per say…more like friends with benefits although we don’t do the sex part…I’m still remaining a virgin till the right guy comes along. Suddenly arms slipped around my waist from behind and I knew then that they were not Nathaniel’s because he walked in front of me.