Chapter 4

It took us a little over twelve hours to get to Miami, Florida by car and then to Los Angeles, California by a nonstop plane ride. Currently we all stood waiting for a ride, Gabriel talking with Salem in hushed voices. Gabriel looked pissed off and saddened as he ran his hand through his hair multiple times.

A van pulled up just as Gabriel gave a heavy sigh. A woman stepped out of the van smiling, but when she saw the look on Gabriel’s face it faded.

“Oh honey what’s wrong?” She asked.

“Nothing mom.” Gabriel said softly looking away from her frowning at the ground, grinding his teeth. “Come on we need to go. Where’s Leven and the baby?” A baby was it his?

“At home, honey don’t worry.” His mother said.

Gabriel sighed heavily.

Everyone gathered around the van.

§§§

We pulled into a long drive way that seemed to be hidden by trees but the house itself was in a large meadow which was surrounded by a set of woods. It had taken only two hours to get here and I was beginning to feel tired, not because of a long day but because we stopped so many time on the car ride to Florida and I was mostly in the bathroom the whole time on the airplane but even now as we had driven to this house we had to stop multiple times because I was puking up my own blood. Why was I puking so much today? I groaned letting Gabriel pick me up in his arms when he got out of the car and leaned into get me out. He held me there tightly as he walked inside the house not even saying a word to his mother about me. I half expected him to say “Hey mom this is my girlfriend, Blake.” or “Hey mom this is my mate, Blake.” But nothing like that came out of his mouth as he opened the door and as soon as he did that the sound of a baby crying echoed throughout the house and as it got closer a girl holding a baby boy walked in around the corner.

“Hey Gabriel.” She whispered rocking the little baby.

“Hey sis.” Gabriel whispered back. “How’s AJ?”

“Fine, he’s just gotten himself fussy like he always does but it’s nothing I can’t handle. I just wish Andrew was here to help take care of his son, at lease he got to see him before he died.” The girl gave a small but very weak smile as tears formed in her eyes. “Excuse me, tell mom I will be in my room with AJ.” And before Gabriel could even nod she was gone.

Gabriel then took me into the living room setting me on the couch kissing my forehead saying. “Rest up baby girl, I’m gunna go see what room belong to who.” And at that he left me on the couch just as Athena walked in, she came over to me and sat down next to the couch.

“Has Gabriel talked to you yet on what’s been upsetting him?” She asked and when I shook my head she sighed. “Have him tell you, don’t ignore the fact that there is something truly wrong. I know we have all shut you out about this but just know it’s for Gabriel to figure out. He loves you so much and he doesn’t want to hurt you or frighten you in anyway. I have never seen him like this. I know the first time I meet him he was refusing to go with a set of cops to jail for calling in a fake crime while he was drunk but he refused to go because of he wanted to be there for his siblings safety. He sheltered my best friend his adopted sister away from werewolves because he knew this was a terrible life to be in, but now we all find ourselves here. I’m sorry look, Blake what I’m trying to say it that Gabriel hasn’t told you anything yet for a reason but you just have to let him get that reason across.”

I nodded just as Gabriel walked in with Salem and Logan. His mother behind him as she watched her two sons.

“Gabriel may I please speak with you?” She asked.