jihoon sighed and strolled towards his favourite coffeeshop.

"hey jihoon! what's up? you haven't visited in so long!" the cheerful male behind the cashier smiled.

"i'm fine, seungkwan. i'd like a hot chocolate and marshmallows please. thanks." jihoon walked up to the counter and payed.

"sure! how's soonyoung?" seungkwan asked as he prepared jihoon's drink. seungkwan didn't know. jihoon's eyes became glossy as he replied with a small, "fine."

"that's great! you guys are very cute together!" seungkwan complimented as he finished making jihoon's drink and passed it to him.

"thanks," jihoon managed to say without cracking his voice. jihoon sat down, facing away from seungkwan. he remembered coming to the coffeeshop every morning and buying soonyoung and himself coffee to get through the day. jihoon's vision started becoming blurry, tears welling up in his eyes. he pinched himself to stop the tears from flowing out but to no avail.

a tear fell and rolled down his cheek. jihoon took a sip from his hot chocolate. suddenly a whole wave of tears came flowing.

he remembered again.

"jihoonie! i made hot chocolate! try it!" the red haired male stirred the cup and placed on the table where jihoon was sitting on and writing lyrics.

"i'll drink it later, soonyoung. i'm busy right now." jihoon replied not even looking up to look at soonyoung or the drink.

"jihoonie~ please~" soonyoung pleaded as he shook jihoon. jihoon got annoyed and pushed soonyoung away.

"ugh! soonyoung! can't you see? i'm trying to work on my new song! stop disturbing me! you're so annoying! go dance or something!" jihoon pulled his hair in frustration and yelled.

"o-okay," soonyoung lowered his head and walked away.

"finally..." jihoon sighed and continued writing his song.

he didn't know soonyoung was sobbing in their shared bedroom.

jihoon blamed himself. if he didn't yell at soonyoung. if he was more patient. if he cared about soonyoung more than his song. if he loved soonyoung more. it wouldn't have happened.

the incident wouldn't have happened.