十三

play habit & the truth untold & smile flower on repeat for this chapter

——————————————————————

"hello?" jihoon answered the call.

"hi, this is seoul hospital. are you mr. lee? lee jihoon?"

"yes, this is lee jihoon."

"i'm sorry for your loss, mr lee."

"no, it's alright. why did you call me?"

"we have just found something under mr. kwon's bed. it seems like it's for you from mr. kwon."

"o-oh, i'll be right there." his voice cracked.

soonyoung had left something behind for jihoon. of course. soonyoung being the kind and thoughtful one had something for the impatient and cold jihoon.

even when he was gone.

gone forever.

never able to see his smile, his 10 hour 10 minute eyes, his dancing.

never able to feel his warmth, his smooth skin, his lips.

never able to hold his hand.

never able to see him ever again.

because he was gone from this world.

in a better place.

jihoon grabbed his car keys and drove off to seoul hospital. he was crying. again. tears welled up in his eyes, making his vision blurry.

after what seemed like forever, jihoon arrived at seoul hospital. he parked his car and went into the air-conditioned building.

that hospital smell.

that air-condition sound.

that hospital.

he remembered again.

"where's kwon soonyoung? which ward?" jihoon rushed into the hospital and shrieked, "where is he? i need to see him now!"

"calm down, sir. what was his name again?" the nurse behind the counter stood up and tried to calm jihoon down.

"his name is kwon soonyoung! where is he?" jihoon replied. he was in his studio recording his new song when he received a call from seoul hospital.

"kwon soonyoung... ah! ward 317."

"thank you!"

jihoon ran to the lift and spammed the button but the lift was way too slow. jihoon sprinted to the staircase and started climbing to the third floor.

when he reached the third floor, he was wet from perspiration and panting heavily. but he didn't care he needed to see his soonyoungie.

jihoon looked left and right while walking forwards, looking for ward 317. he finally found ward 317 but it was empty. there was a nurse outside holding a clipboard.

"where's kwon soonyoung?" jihoon screamed.

"s-sir! calm down! please keep your volume down! there are other patients resting here!"

"i just want to know where kwon soonyoung is!" jihoon sobbed as he covered his face with his hands.

"mr. kwon is currently in surgery. he had attempted to kill himself by drowning. a witness called the ambulance and he was brought to the hospital. we had also found scars and marks of cuts on other places of his body." the nurse informed.