8- Busted !

Lauren's POV

"Leave me alone Mom!" I shouted for the fifth time this morning.

It had been about two days since Justin had kissed me and I kissed back. I hadn't gone to school nor was I in the mood to go today.

I'd been able to fool my mom into thinking I was sick for the past two days somehow but today she was not buying it .

My phone had been blowing up with texts but none from the one person I wanted to text me.

After the kiss, Justin hadn't even made an effort to contact me. I wondered if he did it just to see if I'd kiss back. That seemed like the only logical expectation. This wasn't the first time he played with my feelings and it probably wouldn't be the last.

Sebastian hadn't made an effort to contact me either but that was old news. I hadn't gotten around to tell him that I cheated on him either.

I felt so disgusted with myself. I didn't skip school because of my confusion towards Justin, I skipped because of my utter disgust with myself for cheating.

Never would I have thought that I would ever cheat on someone I was in a relationship with. It almost made me hate Justin even more. He'd been back for a little over a week now and had already destroyed my relationship and my self-esteem.

I couldn't blame the destruction of my relationship on him completely as Sebastian was doing a fine job himself at ruining it. But Justin did kiss me, knowing I had a boyfriend.

But then again, I kissed back.

I was just as much to blame as either of them.

But I couldn't help but feel as if Sebastian almost drove me to cheat. While it was a cry for his attention, at the same time I understood there was no justification for my behavior and I'd have to tell him sooner or later.

"Lauren Marie, if you don't get your ass up this instant-" My mom shouted from downstairs in which I understood that if I literally did not get my ass up this instant, I'd be in for big trouble.

I groaned as I pushed myself out of bed and to the bathroom. I took my time in the shower and decided on wearing all black again as I had no intention of looking good for anyone and felt as if attending school was really just me attending my own funeral.

I brushed through my hair and tied it up in a bun before grabbing my phone and bag and making my way downstairs.

"Glad to see you're feeling better" Mom smiled as she sipped on her coffee.

I glared at her as I began to make my own Iced Coffee.

"You know mom, when someone's not feeling well, it'd be nice for a little peace and quiet" I replied.

"You've had enough peace and quiet for the past two days. I hope you've caught up on your work." Mom added.

"Yeah yeah" I mumbled as I sipped my coffee. "I was kind of thinking about quitting my job." I mentioned.

"Why's that?" Mom said, suddenly interested as she set down her drink and phone and looked right at me.

"I don't know. I have a good amount of money that I've saved. I've been working there for two years plus the allowance I get from you and Dad. I just feel like I don't have enough time after school to get my work done and don't have enough time for myself" I said truthfully.

While I did skip school for the past two days, I didn't get to call out of work. So everyday, I'd leave my house hoping to not run into anyone and come back the same way. I'd been pretty lucky as I got away with it .