11- Absolutely Beautiful

Lauren's POV

I quickly sat up while wrapping the sheets around myself. I breathed in and out trying to control the heavy breaths I was taking.

I pushed the covers of myself before switching on my ceiling fan and lying back down in bed.

All I could think about was Justin and the way he made me feel in the diner.

I couldn't even find peace in my sleep as I kept dreaming about the same events over and over.

I grabbed my phone from my nightstand and stared at the time.

4:50 A.M.

I scrolled through my notifications before stopping at 4 missed calls and 2 text messages from Justin.

Justin: Hey

Justin: you up?

I noticed he sent them about an hour ago and considered whether or not I should reply.

I gave in and quickly thumbed out a short response.

Lauren: i am now

Lauren: wait, how'd you get my number lol

I placed my phone back onto my nightstand and turned over. Chances are he fell asleep and would reply in the morning.

But just as I turned over, my phone vibrated and I quickly grabbed it.

Justin: I wanna talk to you.

Justin: I never deleted it ?

Justin: and im assuming you didn't delete mine either considering you knew who this was right away ;)

I felt a blush rise to my cheeks and I was insanely grateful that I wasn't with him right now because I probably would have cried of embarrassment.

Lauren: yeah well don't flatter yourself, it never occurred to me to delete it.

Lauren: what do you wanna talk about?

Justin: us.

I considered making the "why do you wanna talk about the United States?" joke before cringing and stopping myself.

Lauren: go for it buddy

Justin: that's the thing. i don't wanna be your buddy.

Lauren: alright lmfao. i don't know if you noticed but I haven't been too keen on being your friend in the first place.

Justin: ouch.

Justin: that's not what i meant.

Lauren: well wdym...

I knew what he meant. I just wanted to hear him say it.

Justin: forget it .

Lauren: no shut up. tell me .

Justin: how am i supposed to tell you if you want me to shut up?

Lauren: you know what i mean .

Justin: can i come over? I'd rather we discuss this in real life.

Lauren: how about a FaceTime call?

Justin: as much as I'd love to see your pretty face all over my phone, seeing you in real life brings a whole different feeling to me.