9- Can We Still Be Friends?

Lauren's POV

"Lauren? What are you doing here?" Ryan asked. The confusion was evident in his face as it was no surprise to him or any other friend of mine, that I would never be caught dead in front of Justin's house.

Joining him, Chaz walked up to my car and his face mimicked Ryan's as he too looked at me in shock.

"Did you and Justin like make up or something?" Chaz asked.

"No" I said quickly.

"Then why are you parked outside of his house?" Chaz asked slowly, his eyebrows furrowed as he clearly didn't believe me.

"I was driving by, I just got back from the mall and my car started making a weird sound so I parked and stepped outside to see what was wrong." I lied through my teeth.

My lying was becoming a habit and I almost started to hate the person I was becoming. Why was it so easy for me to lie to my closest friends? And why was it always in relation to Justin?

"Oh. Do you want me to check it out?" Chaz asked as he finally started to accept my story.

"You went to the mall? Why do you have no shopping bags?" Ryan questioned as he raised an eyebrow. "And you just happened to randomly park outside of Justin's house?"

"Why are you interrogating me? I don't have any bags because I was returning something and yes I didn't wanna park in front of a complete strangers house so I figured I'd just stop in his driveway real quick and check out the problem so just in case there was one- I could ask Pattie for help" I quickly said.

Ryan nodded his head slowly. "Alright Lauren" He smiled. "Do you wanna come in with us?" He asked politely.

"Uh, I think I'll pass" I smiled. "I'll text you guys later though, you should come over"

"We will" Chaz sticks his tongue out. "Later dude" He waved as he and Ryan walked up to Justin's door.

I quickly drove off, not wanting Justin to see my car outside. God, why couldn't I just man up and go talk to him?

At the same time, I was grateful I didn't. Imagine I had gone in and Ryan and Chaz walked in no less than five minutes after?

I changed my direction and instead drove off to Sebastian's house. Although I was feening for an explanation from Justin, I couldn't stand not telling Sebastian any longer.

I made my way to his porch as I knocked on the door delicately. My heart was racing as I chewed on my lip nervously. He would hate me. There was no doubt in my mind.

The door quickly swung open and there was Sebastian, shirtless with his hair damp and nothing but a pair of grey sweatpants tied to his waist. I took my time staring him down one last time as this was probably the last moment I'd have with him before he hated me.

"Like what you see?" He smiles cheekily.

I giggled nervously. He pulled the door open all the way and ushered me in. I smiled and took a seat on his familiar living room couch before patting the seat next to me.

He sat down abruptly and kissed my forehead. "What's up babe?" He smiled.

"We need to talk" I said nervously.

His face immediately dropped. "I know. I'm sorry, I know I flaked on you again and it's just that I'm so busy-" He began to speak.

"No Sebastian. I need to talk" I said sadly.

"What's wrong?" He furrowed his eyebrows, scooting closer to me.

I took a deep breath, deciding to just go ahead and say it.