Why do Rapes happen?

Rape. One human violating another. So I used to go around asking my parents as to why rapes happen. These would be their answers:
   Because of Bastards who dont know their limits.
   Girl being "irresponsible" enough to get out alone at night and not being with a trustable male partner.
    Wearing reavealing clothes .
     Men and women are meant to get attracted to each other and hence when a few idiots drink they lose their mind.  

And these days I have stopped asking my parents these questions. Because except for their first answer everything just annoys me so damn much. I have spent so many hours just thinking about all these things in general and I am VERY passionate about all these (Well, that's why this book is in existence). Anyways, so now I would list out a few of the well known Rape cases in India and their causes.

  NIRBHAYA rape case
A gang rape in Delhi, the capital of India in 2012. A Paramedical student out on a movie night with a male friend who along with him boards an almost empty bus in the night due to inavailablity of other transport. The bus consists of the driver a few other men and a juvenile (15-16years old) who rape her after killing her friend and throw both their naked bodies on the ground and escape. 
  This incident happened on 16th December ,2012 which is almost the end of the year. Do you think that the girl would have EVER imagined that she would not get to see 2013 and that  she would die because she got raped? Would she have  thought before leaving for the movie that she wouldn't return home ever again?
Noone, talks about the friend of hers. What about him? Going with a female friend? Hahaaha chances are ,you might not return as well!! Good luck!
   What happened to that 'going with trustable male '? Come on, guys dont and cant kick ass as they do in movies. Its not about them being less of a guy. Its just not humanly possible. There were literally 4-5 people against two.
And then started huge protests in India . People protesting everywhere for justice. But the life thats gone is GONE. Her parents would never get her back NEVER. No wonder parents never let their girls out late at night and some wouldnt just let girls get out   alone any time if the day (like mine!)
  And moreover the juvenile was realised cause ?? Why? Juvenile!.Thats it. Nothing more. Baby who doenst get the ways of the world. Poor baby didnt know what was right or wrong. Im 16 as well , looks like I can do anything and get away with it ,just saying.

ASIFA rape case
Rape of an 8 year old girl  In Kathua. Again, gang raped. By whom? A temmple priest IN A TEMPLE with his son and his cousin and four POLICE officers. We're supposed to contact the police in times of danger and emergency hah . Just a piece of info hmmm.! I don't get it. At the age of  eight how inappropriately could you have dressed to deserve rape? And was she out late at night? Nope. She was abducted and raped for a week.

So do you really think that the reasons above stated are the causes? Its not just my parents . I have heard a lot of people say the same ones.
More like the mindset that need to be changed. We should stop blaming the victim and shaming them like it was their fault.  So, Teach your brothers to respect women. Respect doesn't have to be about calling the other person 'ma'am'. Its just about knowing your limits with your sister ,mother, girlfriend, friend, wife and just people out there. There are so many cases where the dad rapes the daughter. How can you not trust yiur own dad? Why would people even consider that as a possiblity? And in so many cases where a relative or a well known friend is the accust. So TEACH THEM . Teach people u can on whats right. Its in our hands.