Chapter 1: Welcome to Republic City

A/N: I just want to make another quick disclaimer that I do not own LOK or its characters. Enjoy the story, and sorry for any grammar mistakes! Oh and the making of this story was inspired by Silver_Whisp 's story The Electrical Conduit, go check it out! (If you haven't already 😁, I read it 3 times already xD)
Y/N: (Your Name)
L/N: (Last Name)
E/C: (Eye Color)
H/C: (Hair Color)
H/L: (Hair Length)
S/C: (Skin Color)
F/C: (Favorite Color)
C/C: (Chosen Color/Color of Choice)
^^ this is everything you'll need to know for now, if I add anything new I'll let you all know!

Chapter 1

Your POV:

"Hey Y/N!" I hear someone shout while I get off the ship wearing my C/C jacket, C/C undershirt, C/C pants and brown boots.

Once I do get off, I feel three thumps against my body which, unfortunately causes me to lose my balance and fall on my back. I look down to see Jinora, Ikki and Meelo all hugging me tightly.

"Guys... Let.. Me...Breathe..." I choke on my words.

Once they realize they're actually suffocating me, they let me go and help me stand up.

"Haha, I missed you too kids." I chuckled.

"Y/N, good to see you again." I look and see both Tenzin and Pema standing in front of me, smiling and chuckling to themselves about the event that just transpired.

"Master Tenzin! It's good to see you again too! My parents were very happy when they learned I'm coming here." I explained with excitement.

"It's good to see you too, Y/N, but you can call me Tenzin, no need to be formal, we've know each other for a while. And as you can probably guess, the kids missed you a lot in the past two years." Tenzin replied with a soft smile, while shaking my hand. I then turn around to look at Pema.

"Pema, it's good to see you too, how are you and the baby?" I ask the pregnant woman, while giving her a hug and a big smile.

"I'm a bit tired, especially from these three sending a gust of Air at me every 5 seconds, but I manage. And the baby is doing great Y/N, thanks for asking." Pema replied with a small and tired smile, while ruffling my H/L and H/C hair.

"Heh, so, Tenzin, I didn't get to ask you yet, did you really only invite me over to have dinner and talk about, and I quote: 'How's it going with your life in the village' because that's a pretty bad excuse." I chuckle to myself while looking questionably at Tenzin.

Tenzin only sighs, probably disappointed in himself for the sad excuse he gave me.

"Well?" I press on, sporting a curious look on my face.

"As you may know, Everyone in your whole clan can bend, except for Air bending, of course, and its been like this for centuries." Tenzin starts, while I only nod in confirmation, not liking where this is going.

"But as we all know, you Y/N, cannot bend." I sigh.

"Where are you going with this, Tenzin? You know I don't like to talk about this." I reply sadly.

"Well, I was thinking of a solution, the chances of it working are low, but it's worth a try." Tenzin replies, looking serious.

"Okay, go ahead, what is the so called 'solution'?" I asked, not really believing this 'solution' even has a small chance of working.

"As you may know, The Avatar has come here to Republic City for me to teach her Air bending." He explains.

"Yeah, so? What does that have to do with anything?" I reply, a bit annoyed.

"I would like you to join the training of Air bending, and before you start saying it's stupid or whatever, hear me out. I believe you're a special case, you may not be able to bend Fire, Earth or Water, but you may be able to bend Air. Like I said, the chances of this are low, but it's always worth a try." Tenzin explained, not letting me argue, which isn't even something I planned on doing because I only have a dumbfounded look on my face.

"Y/N! Snap out of it!" Ikki shouts to me. I shake my head, still a bit confused.

"So? What do you say Y/N? Are you going to take up on the offer?" Jinora asks me, while trying not to jump from excitement.

"*Sigh* Okay, I'll do it. How long am I allowed to stay at your house though? I only planned on staying for two days and two nights, which is why I don't have too much clothing." I reply with an awkward smile while sheepishly rubbing the back of my head.

"Don't worry Y/N, you can stay there for as long as you need to. And the clothes problem will be solved." Pema smiled warmly at me.

"YAY! Y/N IS STAYING WITH US!" Meelo shouted while jumping around in excitement. Jinora and Ikki gave me another hug but this time, I was ready and I held my ground, hugging them both back. After a few seconds we let go.

"Haha, thanks Pema for letting me stay. And thank you Tenzin for letting me join the training, I hope to not be a bother to you or to the Avatar." I say while bowing in respect.

"It's no problem Y/N, I'm glad to help you with your bending problem." Tenzin replied, smiling.

I then hear my stomach growl, and chuckle while rubbing the back of my head in embarrassment.

"I hope that dinner offer still stands, this trip has made me quite hungry." Everyone laughs at that.

"Of course, Y/N, you're welcome to join dinner. I do want to know about what's going with you and your family after all." Tenzin laughs.

"Thanks" I reply while having a small grin plastered on my face.

"Oh by the way, Pema, if I remember correctly, Korra invited her friends over for dinner this evening?" Tenzin asks while turning to look at his wife.

"Ah, yes. I'm sure they would be happy to meet you Y/N, I'm pretty sure you guys are the same age." Pema turns to me with a smile.

"I certainly hope they do." I awkwardly chuckle. I'm not good with making friends. I was always a bit shy, which is the reason as to why it took me a long time to get friends in the village back home.

"Well, now that this is all over, can we go back home now dad? I'm bored." Ikki whines to Tenzin.

"Yes Ikki, we're heading home now." Tenzin replies with a tired face while Ikki cheers.

"Kids giving you a hard time?" I ask while chuckling to myself.

"You have no idea..." Tenzin replied, still with his tired expression on. I only laugh at his expression while we make our way to the Air temple on Oogi, Tenzin's flying bison.
—————————————————————
A/N: So yeah, this is the start of this story (only the introduction). This is my first Fanfiction so I hope I did ok 😅. if anyone has an opinion on something I should change or anything else, please leave your thoughts in the comments, especially if it's a hate comment , then leave your thoughts on why you hated it so I can make it better 😅. And please tell me if I should continue this story. I'll wait for a few days and then hopefully post another chapter. Thanks for anyone that read this first chapter, whether you liked or hated it! And to anyone wondering, Team Avatar will be in next chapter, if I create another one that is, depends on you guys! ✌🏻