Chapter 3: Friends

A/N: I did it! Hah! Take that writers block! Anyways, as you can see, I finally made another chapter like I promised. And it was even ahead of time! Enjoy the read, and thanks for 400+ views!
—————————————————————

Author POV:

Y/N, Korra, Team Avatar and the Air-bending family are sitting at the table, eating dinner made by Y/N and Pema. They were eating silently aside from Ikki and Meelo who were giggling about something, until Bolin decided to talk.

"So good~ I'm in heaven!"

"Yeah, the food is really great, even better than usual. Good job you two." Asami added, looking at Y/N and Pema with a smile.

Pema smiled at them while Y/N was rubbing the back of his head, a bit embarrassed from the compliments, though he was smiling happily.

Tenzin then looked at Y/N. "So, Y/N. I haven't had the chance to ask fully yet, because we were in a bit of a hurry earlier, but how are your parents other than them 'doing good'?" He asked.

Y/N stopped rubbing the back of his head once he heard Tenzin's voice, and looked at him.

"Oh, you know, other than 'doing good', the usual. Dad is busy keeping the village safe and Mom is treating the wounded if there are any." He answered with a slight smile.

If someone were to look very closely you could see that he looked pretty sad while answering Tenzin's question. Though it was only for a slight second, Korra managed to see it, but decided to ignore it for now at least.

"Oh, Y/N, what about your sister?" Pema suddenly asked.

Y/N sweat dropped a little. "Oh, Maemi? Still the same hot-headed girl, even though she's 12 already." He laughed sheepishly.

Bolin suddenly looked like he just realized something important, as he snapped his fingers. "By the way Y/N, you said everyone in your village can bend except for you, right?" He asked, a bit too loudly.

"Ow, Bolin, you don't have to talk so loud I'm sure he can hear you perfectly fine from the other side of the table. Though I am a bit curious on where this is going." Mako scolded his brother who was sitting on his left, before turning his gaze to Y/N, who was sitting in front of him, at the end of his sentence.

"Heh, you two really are brothers. But yes, everyone from my village can bend but me." Y/N answered, chuckling a bit at their behavior.

"So, if I get this right, Bolin wants to know about your family, and what their bending is?" Korra suddenly asked, averting her eyes from Y/N, turning to look at Bolin for confirmation.

Bolin nodded at Korra, confirming her assumption.

Y/N saw Bolin nodding at Korra, and answered the question immediately. "Well, my Father is the village Chief and a Fire-Bender. My Mother and Sister are Water-Benders, my Mom is the village Doctor so my Sister sometimes helps her when people have small injuries, she's still learning though. Then there's my Grandparents, Uncles, Aunts and Cousins but that requires a lot of explaining to do, so I guess for now you only get my small family." He grinned.

"Ohh that's so cool! I've never heard of a Clan like that!" Bolin beamed, looking amazed.

"Hm... Y/N, you did say you can't bend, but you never told us the reason as to why. After all, everyone in your Clan had some kind of bending for centuries." Asami said, getting a curious look on her face.