Chapter 8

The sun broke through our window. It was Friday morning. One week after Declan's kidnapping. We had informed the rest of the pack, the council and the Academy staff. Everyone was on the lookout, but it wasn't helping our case at all. We were still absolutely no closer to finding him than we'd been last friday night. Academy life went on as normal, but nobody in the Silverblood pack could focus on school right now.

Ben stirred in my arms. I smiled. His eyelids fluttered open. He turned his head to face me. "Hi," he said in a raspy voice.

"Hi," I whispered, slowly kissing him. I was gripping his biceps as his hands ran up and down my bare back. The skin on skin felt amazing. I deepened the kiss and was just about to suggest skipping the day when yelling was heard from the hallway.

Ben groaned. His pack was out of control. They were constantly picking fights with other packs and even amongst themselves. They were hell-bent on interrogating every person in the Academy. And of course... Ben had to deal with it all.

I sighed, lifting myself off of him and landing on my back on the bed with my hands shielding my eyes from the light. Ben rolled out from under the covers and stomped to the door. He kicked the door a few times. "Silverbloods, shut up!" he yelled angrily. The hallway fell quiet and I chuckled under my breath. Benjamin was not a morning person.

We showered and got dressed before we made our way to the cafeteria. Everyone fell silent as we entered. With all the suspicion and accusations going around, every pack was now assigned their own cafeteria to eat at. Okay, no. That was a lie. Silverblood pack had been assigned their own cafeteria. I was almost positive that everyone else was still allowed to eat wherever the hell they wanted to.

The Silverbloods distrusted me. They couldn't figure out why I was on their side and it angered them. They even blamed me for Declan's kidnapping. They argued that it had been my job to distract Ben while my so called 'buddies' did the job. What a bunch of assholes.

Ben and I sat down at a table. Someone in the room coughed. It vibrated through the otherwise silent room. Finally, Ben sighed. I raised an eyebrow as he stood up from his seat and jumped onto the table in front of us.

"Listen up!" Ben yelled to the deathly quiet room. I rolled my eyes. He could've whispered and it would've been heard. "This ends now. None of this is Finn's fault. None of what is happening can be stopped by Finn. I get that everyone wants someone to blame right now, but scrap him from your lists. He had nothing to do with Declan's disappearance."

"Why is he even here? He isn't part of our pack!" a kid yelled from accross the room. Loud cheers met his words.

Ben hesitated. I could see him searching for a lie. Then, his mind made up, he squared his shoulders. His eyes met mine. A silent question. Asking my permission to do the unthinkable.

My heartbeat sped up and my palms became sweaty. I wasn't ready. It could destroy my life. Time seemed to slow down as my thoughts spun in circles. The past week had been amazing. Ben and I spent hours upon hours talking. He trusted me with everything now. It was as if I'd known him my whole life. Just the way it was supposed to be. The room came back into focus as my head stopped spinning. I knew what had to be done.

I nodded at Ben, an encouraging smile upon my lips.

Ben was my soulmate. Ben was everything I had ever wanted and so much more. Ben was the love of my life.

"I've been hiding something from you all," Ben began hesitantly. "I found my mate." I had to fight to keep my laughter back as the gathered crowd let out a unified gasp. Ben fidgited with his hands and avoided all eye contact. His eyes found mine and he visibly steeled himself. "So, Silverblood pack, please welcome your second alpha, Finn Galager."