Epilogue

"I'm actually really nervous," I say as I pace in front of the window looking out over the Silverblood packhouse's backyard.

Corbin scoffed. "Why, afraid you're gonna fall on your face?"

I froze. "Well, no. I wasn't afraid of that. But now I am!"

Corbin shrugged unapologetically and I heard a snort of laughter from the doorway. I turned. My breath left me in a rush. Looking at Ben will never get old. His tan dress pants hugged his muscled legs just right and his black button down shirt matched his dark hair and eyes. He looked stunning.

"See something you like?" He smirked as he stopped right in front of me. I refrained from answering and rather opted for smashing our lips together. That was answer enough.

"Alright, boys. Showtime!" Michael disappeared just as suddenly as he had popped in and I realised that we were suddenly alone.

I took a deep breath. Ben lifted my chin with one finger. "You're going to do great. You're already an amazing Circlemember. The position of Alpha should be a walk in the park for you."

I scoffed. "It's not the same thing! What if they hate me?"

"Then they would have made objections in the past year that we've been together. Stop obsessing! But, now that we're alone... I have something that I need say." Ben looked nervous and I ran my hand down his cheek and smiled encouragingly at him. "So, I know that we're already mated and bound for life, but-"

"Holy... Are you breaking up with me?" I screeched.

Ben's eyes went comically wide. "No, no, no. The opposite really. I want to make it even more official." Ben took a deep breath and pulled something from his pocket. "I know that it's more of a human tradition, but I've always really liked the idea of it. So, Finn Galager. Would you do me the unbelievable honour of marrying me and becoming my husband?" Ben opened the little black box to reveal a plain silver ring.

I was speechless. I stared at Ben in utter shock, unable to make a sound or move a muscle. He shifted awkwardly on his feet. "Or, you know, if you're not into that..." Ben went to close the box, but my hand shot out to stop him. He looked up at me with hope shining in his eyes. He's such a romantic sap!

"How could you ever think that I'd say no?" I whispered. "Yes, Benjamin Thorne. Yes, I'll marry you."

Ben breathed out a sight of relief and slipped the ring onto my finger. I felt lightheaded as he kissed me deeply.

"Come on," he said after a while. "We have a pack to take over."

There were hundreds of people packed into the backyard. Every Silverblood packmember that was old enough to leave the hospital after birth, or young enough to leave the senior nursing home, was in attendance. The entire Council was there in their full glory with their dark robes hanging around their shoulders. Every Silver Circle member and the entire Guard had come out for this. I was nervous again.

Ben and I took our seats on the stage and his father, Michael, began the ceremony. There was a whole speech about how long he's been the alpha and how he needs a vacation. An entire segment was dedicated to the hardships that we had all overcome the previous year. About twenty minutes in, a few mothers realised why they should have left their babies at home. I struggled to push my laughter down as one woman ran after her two year old that was hell bent on tearing down the Silver Circle banners that had been put up everywhere.

The time came when we had to step forward and accept our new titles. My work as a member of the Circle had already started at the end of last year, but Ben was now taking his official place as the Alpha of the Silverblood pack and the main Council representative for this pack.

We shook hands. We signed our names on tiny lines at the bottom of documents. We watched as yet another baby tore yet another banner down.

"Please put your hands together for the new Alphas of the Silverblood pack!" Michael could barely get the last word out before a deafening roar filled the air. Ben and I raised our clasped hands and grinned from ear to ear.

Ben grabbed the microphone from his father. "Now, let's get to the real reason you all came out today. Let's party!"

I laughed as everyone cheered even louder and started to move towards the snack tables around the edges of the crowd. Others began moving to the music that suddenly filled the air. Harry and Declan stood together at the edge of the crowd, their heads bowed together and their arms wrapped around each other.

I looked over the pack. My pack. My family. Ben took my hand again, lifted it up and pressed his lips to the back of it before leading me to the dancefloor.

I was home.