First Day on the Job

I know Scrooge is kinda...(whispers) old, but in this fanfic, he is younger. Or however you want to interpret his age. You are the reader here ❤.

----------------------------------------------------------

Your POV
I was walking up to the famous Scrooge McDuck mansion as I was hired to be his personal maid. "Ooh I hope I make a good impression on him. Does my breath smell? Do I look presentable? Will he like me?" I thought to myself as I was about to knock on the door. All of a sudden, I heard a loud screech coming from a limo. I saw it come closer to me and I leaped out of the way.

"Launch pad! You goon! Watch the road and not your action figure!",a Scottish accent said and he stepped out from the limo. "Sorry Mr. McD...", a taller, slightly muscular duck came out. I gasped as I laid eyes on the duck with the cane. It was Scrooge McDuck the world's most richest duck in the entire Duckberg!

"Curse me kilts! Are you alright miss?" Scrooge asked as he came over to help me up to my feet. I looked down at my torn skirt and slightly bleeding knee. I nodded, but the pain was still hurting me. "Quickly let us get you inside Miss....um pardon me, but what is your name?"

I blushed, limping slightly on my leg. "(Y/F/N)". Scrooge's eyes widened. "Oh me stars! You are the new maid I hired while Mrs. Beakley is away," Scrooge said as he lead me into the mansion and set me down gently on the sofa, "Forgive me and my assistant, Launchpad, for injuring your knee, Miss (L/N)." I smiled and nodded, "Its alright Mr. McDuck, it was an accident."

Scrooge got some bandages from a first aid kit and applied some ointment onto my knee. I hissed in pain as it stung really bad. "Sorry lassie," he said as he applied the bandage on my knee. I got up and hugged Scrooge on accident. I backed away blushing. "Oh my goodness I'm sorry for not being professional, Mr. McDuck."

Scrooge chuckled lightly and said "Aye lass its alright. Now I must address your duties here in my mansion. First you clean every room and every knook and cranny. Then it will be time for lunch, which if you can't cook, then I will be happy to assist you. While I am away at me office, you will make sure the mansion is still standing. If you misbehave or forget the duties I just gave to you, I will have to relieve you of your duties. Understood?"

I gulped and nodded. "Yes sir, Mr. McDuck sir." Scrooge smiled brightly and began to lead me to a spare bedroom, complete with a bed, dresser, mirror, walk in closet, and a bathroom. "Here is where your quarters are, Miss. (L/N). I hope you find yourself comfortable. If you need me, just let me know. But, please don't need me," Scrooge said as he glanced at me while leaving the room.

I was a bit shocked at his tone, but I understand hes a busy man. I looked at my wardrobe and found a nice maid outfit for tomorrow. It was starting to get dark outside so I figured I make dinner for Scrooge, Launchpad and I.

I made it downstairs to the kitchen and saw Scrooge working on paper work. He was clutching his head, pinching every once in a while. I sighed and got started on making (favorite meal) for him to try out. I got my ingrediants and turned on the stove. Scrooge looked up slightly at me and went back to his paper work. "What are you making, lass?" I gushed over his nickname for me. "(Favorite meal) from my country."

Scrooge nodded and continued his work. I got us plates and set then on the counter and began to dish up the meal. I set a plate in my spot and took a plate up to Launchpad, who was working on the limo and decided to take a break. "Thank you Miss. (Nickname)." I nodded and ran back to fix up Mr. McDucks dinner and placed it down beside him, careful not to mess with his papers.

"Thank you lass. I suppose I need a break from todays paperwork." Scrooge picked up his fork and took a bite of the meal. He smiled and swallowed each bite. "Very warm and tasty." I blushed and began eating.

After dinner, I washed the dishes and put them back where they were. Scrooge and I both went upstairs to our bedrooms. "Well lass," Scrooge yawned and stretched out his back, "I hope you get a good nights rest for tomorrow is your first day of cleaning the mansion." I smiled and told him goodnight. "Goodnight lassie".

I opened my bedroom door and laid on my bed, sighing in relief of my good first impression of Mr. McDuck. "I hope tomorrow is great," I said to myself as I began to get sleepy, "I just hope Mr. McDuck doesn't work himself to death." I slowly closed my eyes, awaiting tomorrows cleaning day.