The Golden Truth

Your POV
Flintheart Glomgold, Goldie, and Scrooge were looking at me as the dart began to take effect. I don't know what was worst; the pain from the dart or telling Scrooge the actual truth about my feelings towards him. "Lass! Snap out of it and tell me what is it that you wanted to tell me!", Scrooge begged. I felt the dart get taken out of my skin, dripping with the serum. "Come on you go for nothing maid," Goldie turned her attention to me, holding up the pick axe to my chin, "Tell Scroogie your little secret and he will be saved." Scrooge growled and kicked Flintheart to the ground, taking the pick axe. "Goldie! This has gone far enough! This is between you and me!"

Goldie scoffed and turned to Scrooge. "Here you go again trying to be heroic to those who hide things behind your back," Goldie raised her pick axe to Scrooge. I looked up with my words slowly coming out from my mouth. "Scrooge..." Goldie smiled evilly and lifted my head again with her finger. "Yes, (Y/N)? You have something to tell Scrooge McDuck? The richest duck in the world?" I slowly got up, staring at Goldie. "Scrooge...I..." Scrooge's eyes widened slightly, lowering his pick axe. "Lass, fight it. Try to fight the truth serum." Goldie chuckled, "Oh but she can't, can she? The truth serum from the dart is very potent. Made by yours truly."

Scrooge went closer to us, still pick axe in his hand. "Goldie, let us finish this. (Y/N) has nothing for you to take or to gain. She is just my maid." I heard him say that more than once today and hearing it again really stung. I snatched Goldies pick axe and glared at her. Her look of fear was surprising to me, but I focused on Scrooge. "(Y/N)! What are you doing?" I swung the axe at Scrooge, tearing a part of his shirt. "Lass! Enough!"

"I....l....lov.." I struggled as I swumg again, Scrooge dodged it. "Alright lass, I see what is happening, you are secretly working behind my back with Goldie and my arch rival." Scrooge swung at me, hitting my safari maid dress. "Scrooge...no! I....love...." Scrooge quirked an eyebrow, "You love who?" I blushed and let out the final word to the puzzle. "You.." Goldie came over to us and smirked at Scrooge. "Oh for Pete's sake, Scrooge. She loves you. As in, in love with you." Scrooge looked at me with his glistening eyes. I lowered my pick axe, turning away from Scrooge. "Lass...you are in love with me?" I nodded slowly. Goldie looked at Scrooge and went over to him. "Well, Scroogie, how do you feel about this discovery from your maid?", Goldie licked his cheek ever so slightly. "Oi! Get off my girlfriend, you loon!", Flintheart shouted angerly. Goldie growled and slapped him, hard. "For the last time, I am not your girlfriend!" I kicked Goldie in her side. "Stay off Scrooge." Goldie grew furious at my action and tackled me to the ground.

We started to punch and kick each other, eventually landing on the bridge over the molten hot lagoon. "Girls! That is enough! You are going to hurt each other!", Scrooge shouted. Goldie smirked as she pinned my shoulders down. "Precisely what I am going to do." She kicked me hard, msking me land near the lagoon on the edge. "Why are you doing this?" Goldie just placed her boot on my side. "Because Scrooge and I were meant to be. Especially with all his gold. I'll be rich and live in luxury while you live in hot, molten gold for our front yard." Scrooge had enough of this and he kicked Goldie off of me. "I will never love you, lass. You may be my ex partner, but you will never have my heart!" Goldie growled and launched herself on Scrooge. "Your gold belongs to me, Scrooge McDuck!" I leaped into action as I kicked her off the bridge, she was holding on. "Grab my hand!" I shouted. She groaned and let go of the ledge. Her body melting into the lagoon.

I covered my eyes, Scrooge coming over to me to comfort me. "Its alright lassie, its all over now." I held onto him tightly. "Oh Scrooge, I am so sorry about all of this. If I hadn't got in the way of your love, this wouldn't have happened." Scrooge pulled away slightly, "I'm sorry too for being blinded by love and by a crazy reunion from a crazy lady." I blushed hard and looked away. "So you don't feel the same way?" Scrooge looked at me, lifting my chin to face him. "I have feelings for you lass. It may take a while to settle ourselves in, but we will make it work." I nodded, tears streaming down from happiness. "Now, why don't I show you how we Scotts kiss, lass." He wrapped his arm around my waist and we slowly kissed. Flintheart wiped a tear away, but slowly regained himself. "Oh its a shame that me girlfriend is gone forever. But, Scrooge, same time tomorrow?" Scrooge pulled away from the kiss. "Sure, Flinty." I smiled up at Scrooge, taking in this beautiful moment.

McDuck Manor
We got home before the sun began to set, very tired and battered from the fight. "Lass, your dress!" Scrooge pointed at my torn maid dress. I pointed at his shirt. "I'm sorry about that, that was a diversion to keep Goldie from killing us both." Scrooge chuckled loudly. "Oi, lass. What am I going to do with you?" I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. "Make me clean the garage?", I said in my worst Scottish accent impersonation. Scrooge shook his head. "Wee lass, just be ready by tomorrow mornin' to dust in that cute maid outfit." We kissed again, as we began to settle on the couch to slowly drift into a sweet slumber.