01

Several months later...

Evelyn pushed herself off of her knees and to her feet. She wiped her sweaty forehead with the back of her hand and placed her hands on her hips. A smile bloomed across her flushed face as she admired her growing garden. Her emerald green eyes raked across the daisies and hydrangea, the peony and daffodils, and many others. She walked over to the gazebo where her new rose bush was growing beside. A little gasp slipped through her lips as she looked at the buds fully blooming. "Oh they look so beautiful." She spoke quietly to herself. Her fingers reaches out and traces around the edges of one rose, hypnotizing her for a moment. A tiny noise and a brushing of fur against Evelyn's ankle caused the trance to be broken. Blinking rapidly, Evelyn shook her head and looked around for a second. She looked down to see her new white kitten meowing and brushing against her ankle. "Marie!" She smiled and bent down to scoop up the animal in her hands. "What on earth are you doing all the way over here?" She cradled Marie and scratched her tummy with her index finger. The kitten gave another meow and purred at the touch. Evelyn giggled and walked back over to her little garden. Her royal blue dress swishing as she reached her garden. With Marie cradled in one arm, she used her other to reached down and pick up the weed basket to dispose.

Within the months that passed since the wedding, Evelyn had grown more into even a more beautiful young lady than she already was. Her strawberry blonde hair grew longer and redder, more curls wove it's way to the natural state. Evelyn's body and mind matured more. Even though she was still little for her age, she looked much older-fully looking the age of 18 but thinking and sounding wiser than her young age.

The kitchen backdoor opened. Amelia stood outside in a beautiful grey gown, holding the door open as she looked for Evelyn. A smile appeared on her face as she looked upon the young girl. "Evelyn!" She called to her. The girl perked up and looked over at the opened door. She looked at Amelia with the same bright smile. "Do you need me to do anything, my love?" Amelia asked coming out of the door, letting close behind her. She reached a hand up to smooth her brown hair line that was recently styled.

Evelyn gave a little laugh and walked up the brick steps. "You know you aren't my servant anymore, you don't need to do thing for me." This was true. Amelia was no longer the servant of the Adams household anymore. Now she held the title of lady of the house. Not so long ago, Charles and Amelia had fallen in love for one another and got married shortly after. This made Amelia Evelyn's new mother, strengthening the bond they have already had.

Amelia placed her hands on her hips, trying to glare at her but failed. "Just because I am not your servant anymore doesn't mean I can't do things for my new daughter." She scolded jokingly, playfully narrowing her eyes.

Reaching the red brick deck, Evelyn gave Amelia a sweet grin. "I know, I know. If you don't mind, could you place Marie back in my room please. I need to go dispose of the weeds." Evelyn placed the basket down and held up the kitten to her face. "I will be back shortly, don't make a mess again, Marie, please." She said softly to her. The kitten meowed and rubbed her nose against Evelyn making her giggle. "Alright, I love you." She said and lowered her to kiss the top of her head. Extending her arms, she handed the kitten to Amelia. "And I love you, mama." Evelyn added, pressing a kiss to her cheek. She pulled back to give her a little smirk.

Amelia carefully took the kitten. She gave Evelyn a smile with tears in her eyes. "And I love you." She said, holding the kitten to her breast with one hand. Opening her other arm, she grabbed Evelyn's head and pulled her into her embrace. Still holding her head, she pressed a kiss on her temple and gave her a good squeeze. "Oh!" She said within the squeeze. "Go finish up, we'll be inside." Amelia said and let go of Evelyn. Turning around, she walked over to the back kitchen door. "Do hurry up, darling, it's going to storm soon." Amelia spoke, pausing to look back.